Forum

Forum

If You Got It, I Need It

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

I came across a site saying that when they released the Let There Be Rock movie, they left out the song, If You Want Blood. Does anyone have a recording of this song from this show?? I would love it to finish the movie.
jspr96
Member #24,943

Num Posts: 260
BANNED

Don't think so, where did you get this info from? Have to watch out what you hear on the WWW.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

I don't know, it was some AC/DC discography site listing the stuff and then demos and outtakes and that sort of stuff. I didn't think so 'cause I checked a few boots from that day and it wasn't there but I just wanted to see if it was true. My bad.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

pretty sure it's incorrect. they left T.N.T. out of the movie too, and that ended up on the CD release. so i would assume if IYWB was in the set it would've also at least made it on the CD.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

That makes sense, I hope when they release the movie on DVD, they'll put that out too.
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

Which would be hard to acomplish, since itīs not 100% sure that the T.N.T. was filmed or not. But I doubt it would be on the DVD then, since the mastertapes got destroyed or burned as I recall.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

What, are you serious?? What the heck happened??
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I think it would be cool if they'd include a version of If You Want Blood and T.N.T. from another show from '79. I don't think there is any footage from Paris,but those 2 would be good Bonus features.Kinda like Cover You In Oil and Down Payment Blues on No Bull. Maybe a full clip of Walk All Over You live too. (Wishful thinking,I know) Wouldn't expect it though.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

That would be awesome. Is there any footage of that song live at all?? I'm not finding anything...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Of If You Want Blood??? No. There is an 8mm clip of Walk All Over You around (it's also on Plug Me In) but it's incomplete.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Really? U got a link to it that I can watch it??
LiveWire101
Member #21,015

Num Posts: 293

i read in teh ac/dc book that T.N.T wasnt filmed because the two directors didn't like the song...i think thats bullshit and selfish.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Hells Death
Member #24,593

This is on plug me in?? Man I need to get that set, it's nice to know something exists of that. Thanks for that, I'm gonna download it in a sec. Wish it had somewhat part of them playing in Walk All Over You, do you know why it wasn't filmed ever?? Directors not like this song either??
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

No, that's not on Plug Me In; a bootleg Super8 film of a Paris show from '79 is. That clip, Wembley '79, is available on bootlegs, though.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Well fuck me,I payed no attention and didn't realize that their were two Super8 films such as that.(my mistake,haha) Bon was wearing a Red Jersey on the Plug Me In video. I went straight to youtube and put AC/DC 8mm '79,and just posted it with out watching.... LOL (thanks for correcting me BrianJohnson888) Either way,as I stated,there isn't a complete Video of Walk All Over You available at the time being.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

This is my all-time favorite band without a doubt, but the unfortunate thing is that they're probably not going to release any of the good stuff (Largo, Glasgow 78, Tokyo 81, BUYV demos, etc.) until AC/DC is disbanded... I hate to say it but I'm probably not far off. If there was ever a band that should never disassemble, it's AC/DC.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Yeah, AC/DC, while still a good band, just isn't what they were. I hope they retire (as a band) before they become something like a hybrid of KISS and the Rolling Stones. Just the thought makes me want to puke. But I think we will see some rarer stuff in the future, just not until (like HD said) that day when Angus hangs up the uniform and Brian rides off to Florida.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

they will never "disband". guarunteed. they might do one more studio album and another tour. then they'll just retire without telling anyone. they've never been super out in the open with what they're doing behind the scenes. they just put out an album, go on tour, then go home.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

That's what I think too^^ When they decide they're done,we won't have a press conference or an announcement. They'll finish what ever they're doing at the time (Hopefully another Album and tour,or more) Then fade away,they almost did it once...we all know how much that sucked. The dead time between 2003 to 2008 was torture,the worst feeling in the world is wondering if your band is finished.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

I wonder how long we will have to wait until their next album...I hope it won't be until 2013, that's way too long for me.I hope for their next, probably last tour, they breakdown the stage and tour amphitheaters so that ticketing pricing can be low and you can get up to stage but the catwalk might be missed...
Dirty Deeds and Money Talks
Member #21,720

Num Posts: 301

I didn't get a chance to read all the responses, so someone may have mentioned this already, but the version of "If You Want Blood" in question, could be the near perfect soundboard version from the Hammersmith '79 show. Quite often AC/DC would switch off between IYWBYGI and TNT in their setlist, but I don't think they played both songs on the same show during the HTH tour.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

i am 99% percent there is complete Video of Walk All Over You . who she/he/studiohouse has it thats another question.
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

i am 99% percent sure there is complete Video of Walk All Over You . which she/he/studiohouse has it thats another question.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.