Forum

Forum

I Put The Finger On You

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

I feel like I'm doing to much in one day, but come tomorrow, I won't be editing so much... This is my absolute favorite recording, and the way I worked it makes it feel as though it was a soundboard recording. Tell me what you think, critize to your heart's content! (Good, bad, or otherwise).
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

It sounds great to me but I'm not an expert
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Ahem, It IS a Soundboard recording.... The whole Largo Show in '81 was professionally recorded both Video and Audio.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

I know it was, but I feel as though some of it was lacking, you know what I mean??
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

You're right that some of it was lacking... Great to see you taking the initiative to clean it up and bring up the levels and the power... Too bad the band isn't...Lost money for them, I guess...
Hells Death
Member #24,593

If anyone wants the edits, here they are. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0LCVLJ5
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Hells Death, were these mp3 sourced audio files? I'm doing some quick analysis and they look mp3 sourced. Could be just because of the editing, however, which is why I'm asking.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Yes, they were, and after a bit of audacity, I turned them into .flac. Original source is here: http://sites.google.com/site/shoottothrill666/1980-81-back-in-black-tour
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Well, It sounds great man,but you can't just turn an mp3 into lossless. Technically it's still a lossy mp3,with just a higher bit rate. Not to be an ass or anything,just saying it's not possible to make an mp3 actually lossless.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

It'snot particulary favored; dually noted, but I just put that way by habit. If you want it in .mp3 or whatever, just say.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Or should I say, it's the default export selection
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Maybe just put a notice that it's MP3 sourced. I know exporting MP3 in Audacity is a pain in the ass. But hell, they sound great all the same. Great job man.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Alright, I'll start making a note of it. Thanks!
Dirty Deeds and Money Talks
Member #21,720

Num Posts: 301

@ Hells Death: Not bad, but this is still the best version I've heard personally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLRDKo4_7bc Stumbled across it a couple months ago.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

It's very clear, no doubt. It could use to bring up the output just ever so slightly but it's great!
FernandO.
Member #25,409

Num Posts: 8

@Hells Death thks for the site !! very good ! cheers

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.