Forum

Forum

You Shook Me All Night Long Maximum Overdrive Mix

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Finally tracked down a great lossless version.The one that plays over the credits at the end of the movie. I took out the talking over the intro by splicing the original version onto it (matching the EQ,pitch and speed as close as possible) ____________________________________________________________ Drums and Brian have a ton of Re-verb,backing vocals are different,missing the whole second verse, and it's tuned almost a full half a step up compared to the Original Back In Black version and it's got a faster tempo. I guess they tried to add some more 80's flair to it,they may have Re-Did the backing vocals cause they sound different. ___________________________________________________________
Dirty Deeds and Money Talks
Member #21,720

Num Posts: 301

So, they basically rerecorded the tune with Simon Wright I'm guessing, changed it up a bit, and then left it off the album in place of the original Back in Black version, so that the "new" version could be featured during the credits of a Stephen King movie that about 12 people saw. Hmm...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I don't think it's re-recorded. The only thing that sounds new are the backing vocals. Drums still sound like Phil,just with a shit load of re-verb(maybe to make it more similar to Fly and Who Made Who's drum sound?) Brian, and Guitars sound the same to me.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

I don't know dude, that might be Simon it sounds like his kind of playing, a bit tighter hi-hat but not to tight.Phil is a little looser
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

To me, the drums sound different from the album version. Could it be a drum-machine?
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

the backing vocals towards the end are the only thing that sound different. there's just effects added to everything else.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It's Phil. They added a shit load of stuff to it...
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Without knowing for sure, i guess it's phil but that effects are indeed make it a little different.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

IMO this needs to be slowed down, ive heard this version from Rare and Greatest, the movie has the bitrate normal, i dont blame you, being that ive had it happen to myself but it sucks
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I got this from Rare and Greatest,lol. Must be my copy, I actually matched the original intro to the same pitch and speed of this one,because I assumed it was supposed to be. I didn't slow it back to normal due to me thinking it was supposed to be that way. I'can re-post it,it's an easy fix.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Should have it up in a jiff :)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Ahem, Corrected Speed/Pitch:
Member #21,720

You know, listening to this a second time...I don't blame them for sticking to the original on "Who Made Who". I don't know dude, that sounds like it could be Simon Wright on drums, but as I'm sure you know, you can do all sorts of stuff with audio editing software. So, who knows.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

I don't blame them either,the original is better. I do however prefer the backing vocals here,they sound more "real" I guess,like a live type thing. Still think it's Phil's original track,cause it lined up perfectly to the original. Although,maybe they told Simon to play more like Phil and he played to a click-track (if they had them back then?) That's the only way I can think of he could play it exactly the same tempo/beat as the 1980 version.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

@DD&MT the drums sound EXACTLY like the original. just with some added effects. you can even still hear the one hi-hat hit right before the snare at the beginning. it's Phil.
Member #21,720

You're both most likely right that it's Phil. Like I said before, you can do just about anything with audio software.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Well in '86 it wasn't software,but I get what you mean. (had to be a smartass ;)
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

that sounds so much better, and having he intro addd is coolto, though its off the abum version, thanks for redoing te video, awesomejob
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah,I didn't want that chick who does the voice of Lisa Simpson talking over the intro,her saying "I think I'm gonna toss my cookies",really annoys me lol. So I swapped for the original. Although,I added some EQ to it,to match better to the rest of the song.
acdcyoung2010
Member #24,525

Num Posts: 51

This Version Also Sounds The Same As The One Backtracks Live November 17 1983..Listen To Both Of Them..
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Cause the Backtracks one from Detroit has some studio tweaking done to it...
acdcyoung2010
Member #24,525

Num Posts: 51

yea thats what i'm sayin just ther drums in that one sounds more heavier

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.