Forum

Forum

Let There Be Rock Blu-ray Announced

spawn777
Member #20,625

Num Posts: 55

Warner Home Video has announced AC/DC: Let There Be Rock for Blu-ray release on June 7, in a limited-edition BD/DVD combo pack in a 30th Anniversary Collector's Tin. This legendary concert film covers a 1979 Paris concert during the Australian heavy metal band's "Highway To Hell" tour. Interview segments and humorous backstage footage show another side to the musicians, especially AC/DC's flamboyant lead singer Bon Scott, who died two months after this filmed concert. The track listing is as follows: 1. Live Wire 2. Shot Down in Flames 3. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be 4. Sin City 5. Walk All over You 6. Bad Boy Boogie 7. The Jack 8. Highway to Hell 9. Girls Got Rhythm 10. High Voltage 11. Whole Lotta Rosie 12. Rocker 13. Let There Be Rock Special features include: * Loud, Locked & Loaded: The Rites of Rock: Seasoned rockers, actors and journalists recollect their rite of passage as early witnesses to the raw, bone rattling rock of AC/DC. * AC/DC: The Bedrock of Riff:No one has mastered the basic DNA of Riff Rock as successfully as AC/DC. Explore Angus and Malcolm Young's telepathic groove and the four-on-the-floor swing of Mark Rudd. * Angus Young: A True Guitar Monster: Angus Young's transformation from diminutive schoolboy to raging rock monster electrifies the masses. Find out what makes this time bomb tick. * Bon Scott: The Pirate of Rock 'n' Roll: Bon Scott was the ringleader of the AC/DC circus, balancing his screaming sexuality with a rakish charm. Get a glimpse into the life of a classic Rock 'n' Roll pirate. * AC/DC: A Rock Solid Legacy: From bar band to arena rock, AC/DC stuck to their guns and shot their way to the top. Fellow rockers and journalists chart AC/DC's ascent into the Pantheon of Rock Gods in rock 'n' roll history. * BD Playlist: your favorite songs in your favorite order * 32-page tribute book by rock journalist Anthony Bozza (author of Why AC/DC Matters * Exclusive souvenir guitar pick * Collector card set featuring concert photos Video Video codec: TBA Video resolution: 1080p Audio English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (less) Subtitles (less) Discs Blu-ray Disc Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD) DVD copy Playback Region A (B, C untested) http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5871
olavi
Member #21,090

Num Posts: 113

Seems like a good set!
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Oh god I'm stuck to the inside of my pants now.
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

TMI BJ888
Dirty Deeds Ltd.
Member #25,028

Num Posts: 27

I'm a little disappointed cause I was hoping for TNT to be included But other than that it seems like a great set :) But who the fuck is MARK Rudd???!! :D I hate such faults
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it
jspr96
Member #24,943

Num Posts: 260
BANNED

Hey, we finally actually will see this one released!! Sounds like a great buy!
UniNamer
Member #12,942

Num Posts: 42

I hope all those special features won't make this blu-ray too expensive.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"I hope all those special features won't make this blu-ray too expensive." They're designed to do just that. WTF do I need another AC/DC guitar pick for? Also, I'm not quite getting these combo packs - release it on BD and/or on DVD, but there's no use putting the two together unless your intent is to have people pay 1.5 times what they normally would pay. All the same, I'm looking forward to this and can't wait to watch (and listen) to it with my little girl.
IronAngus666
Member #22,730

Num Posts: 47

http://www.blu-ray.com/images/news/news_5871.jpg Look it! It's a pretty damn good pick I think. Cheers!!
nick of time
Member #31

Num Posts: 65

Looks pretty cool, but it looks to me like the band went the same package-design route as Led Zeppelin for "The Song Remains the Same." I don't need the Blu-Ray version so I'm going to have shell out a few extra bucks, but I'll save my money up and drop whatever is reasonably necessary to buy the package. Now that this comes out in June, then the Black Ice tour DVD should hopefully be close by as well.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

* 32-page tribute book by rock journalist Anthony Bozza (author of Why AC/DC Matters i'm so glad it's being done by the guy who got oh so many facts wrong about the band in the book he wrote ABOUT the band. i've had the book since the week it was released and haven't got past the 2nd chapter because i was tired of it.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

oh... and i think you all owe Eddie Trunk an apology. :P
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Don't owe Eddie an apology he said January... :P haha (but I'm too happy to be mad at him) Read it over at fans.net and it made my freakin' day. Can't wait to hear/see it. Consider this fucker Bought.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

^ he also let every know like a week ago that it was rescheduled for June
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

FUCK EDDIE TRUNK!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Whatever, lol. I'm just glad it's actually coming out.
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

Flick said: "I'm just glad it's actually coming out." I agree, I am happy as well. Although I prefer dvd, I won't mind paying a little extra this way if I upgrade to a Blue-Ray player, I will have both available. But do we really need another guitar pic as RNR mentioned? I heard there are pirate copies available which includes a pair of boxers depicting Angus' mug on them and an inflatable Rosie doll with special ribbed portal holes!!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

"Although I prefer DVD, I won't mind paying a little extra this way if I upgrade to a Blue-Ray player, I will have both available." ________________________________________________________ Same here,I generally use DVD's but I'm planning on an upgrade sooner or later,and It couldn't hurt killing 2 birds with one stone. As long as it's not outrageously priced,of course. Not everyone has Blu-Ray so the DVD would come in handy for travel and convenience,like taking it over to a friends and stuff. I'd be perfectly fine with getting both at the same time.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

...and how about "walk all over you"? this new release will feat. the full song(without the Phil Rudd's car)?????
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

So excited about this release, I've been waiting to see it for a long time now
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

Excellent news!!!! Will be counting down the days I still own the original VHS WB release from 1982
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Your bad karma bringer (me) announce that the eye patch is already on the sofa and the sword is getting sharpened. FLUCK the extra features and FLCUK EDDIE TRUNK that as a part of the extra features gets a special middle finger. No way on earth or the universe as a whole i would ever consider buying every rubbish that the boxset will include. Hey Sony look at me, i'm on my way to the Pirate land! Also what's the point of the blu-ray?Did the film had that special cameras with high def that will look better on blu-ray? Errr nop.They had to stuff the extra bullshits on to get the price up. P.S. In the announcement it says: "Bon Scott: The Pirate of Rock 'n' Roll: " From one pirate to another i salute you Bon!Sony kiss my a$$!
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It's actually not that expensive, Photobucket Can't believe it's under $50 bucks for the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Thanks to matirocker for that screen shot above^^^
sapator
Member #210

I do see a simple DVD version there but i'll believe it when i see it. And i would like to see the prices here... But anyhow i will first download and check the video-sound.If it's a vhs to DVD pass then.The usual bashing to Sony.If it's not,,, then the usual bashing to Sony. F$CK SONY! :)
sapator
Member #210

Wait,wait,wait.Wooo.Wait a minute. It's Warner video.What the hell is going on here? Do they still have a license for that material? After that. First of, i think this will be a VHS to DVD. Second people PLEASE view it before buying it, i'll provide the links with pm's when the time is right if necessary. Third.That is why the prices are a bit lower. Fourth.F#CK WARNER!They want to get profit of their old vhs source by adding extra bull? Man i'll have a heart attack here!What the hell do they think they are?They would also like to act like Sony?Do they take us for fools(they do)? WTF?!WTF?!My pills.My piiilllssss. Bottom line, more bashing (gamostauridia) when it's released, but i have a bad felling about this.
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

@Flick Thanks for the screen shot. Did not know there were different available editions. I agree, not too expensive for this bundle. Can't wait ;)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Do you honestly think they'd bother putting this out if it weren't any better than the VHS? Of course not,I'm sure a lot of time was put into this. Just hope all the time wasn't for those "Bonus" features. Either way,surely this will be much better than a VHS to DVD transfer.
sapator
Member #210

No, i don't honestly think that but who can confirm me the opposite? That's why i say, first view then buy and ONLY the concert part.
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Well, Eddie has been right so far, so maybe he will be right that it looks much improved from the VHS...?
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

no doubt a lot of time was put into the extras, but god only knows how theyre going to do anything with the gig video,hope im wrong but we shall see soon enough I spose
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

There is no mention of this release on AC/DC.com must be because there is no $$$ for Sony. Also check out ac-dc.net sounds like we still will not see the outtakes that have survived. I hope it's not just a cleaned up VHS to DVD and includes the full version of Walk All Over You
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

i don't think the video of the actual show will be any different than the VHS. notice how there is nothing mentioned in the special features about the band interviews. this most likely means we still won't get "Walk All Over You" and it will still cut out to random interviews in between songs. and no "T.N.T." :(
nick of time
Member #31

Num Posts: 65

Back to my thought about the Led Zeppelin TSRTS DVD Re-issue: They included 2 songs that had been left off the original cut of the film in the bonus section for the new DVD release of it. Sadly, that's not the case with LTBR (as far as we know) with the full Walk All Over You and T.N.T. Personally the bonus features don't seem worth much. I don't want to hear more opinions from rock journalists, musicians about the band on the dvd. I've bought enough crappy DVDs of people critiquing bands and they have no idea what they're saying half the time. The historical featurettes better be accurate or I'm going to be upset. I've read and seen enough books and things with inaccurate info on various bands that makes me shake my head and say "get a copy editor and back check your facts!" The original film should be in better quality than the original VHS I still have. That seems promising enough. Let's just hope there are no audio problems like the Donigton DVD.
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

I agree with Nick and hope that the quality is far better than the vhs version. This is mainly the reason one buys a dvd since comparing a vhs and dvd of a movie clearly shows the difference in quality and audio. Hope there isn't too much interviews by journalists or critics, and more interviews with the band. Looking forward to the history featurette myself and hoping it is more precise like that of the books where 'Maximum RNR' is the best accurate one out there. Crossing my fingers for now...
Dirty Deeds and Money Talks
Member #21,720

Num Posts: 301

Nice! To bad it doesn't have "TNT", but the overall package looks like it's shaping up to be a winner. Really looking forward to "The Pirate" documentary on Bon, probably more than the actual concert itself.
ACDC1999
Member #24,781

Num Posts: 11

IS This Going To Be Made On Dvd too And Not Just On Blue-ray
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Go and read the first post again... (YES,Both DVD and Blu-Ray)
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

Don't forget to enter the contest to win this one!!
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

This is going to be a killer release for sure! I'll be getting the blu ray, I know it doesn't make much sense since blu ray was invented 20 years after the concert was shot but who cares, most hd channels nowadays upscale their video material to make it look like native hd. The only thing that makes no sense to me is, why putting the same gig on two different medias in one box?
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

"The only thing that makes no sense to me is, why putting the same gig on two different medias in one box? " Simple. Some may have only a dvd player and may upgrade in the future more than good reason of putting both in one box just as Flick and myself stated :)
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

That might be a good point, but then they I have to pay for the DVD which I don't need in my case. They could easily relase it seperately like all their previous releases.
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

"That might be a good point, but then they I have to pay for the DVD which I don't need in my case." Yeah, I see your point as well and would not want to pay for both either if I had a Blu-Ray. They have different versions including one for $19.95 which is just the dvd, too bad they did not have one with just the Blu-Ray. But, the good side is if you go to show a friend the dvd and they only have a dvd player, then you have a regular dvd copy as well or you can take it with you to play on non Blu-Ray players. In my opinion I like the complete set which suits fine, but understand how some may not want to spend the extra cash on the double media set.
sapator
Member #210

Blu-ray red-ray let us first see what the quality will be. Another thing i wanted to say and i am not able to confirm it because it happened a year after i stopped talking to some people is that, well remember the acdc(crappy) site that hinted something to be released?Why it didn't get released?Maybe someone (aka Warner) stopped that and tried to profit itself? Remember, Sony acclaimed the release then,nothing, then Warner released it. The last time we had this type of release was a vhs to dvd release(BBC hippodrome).I hope they can give it a boost on audio,video but i'm skeptic.The "DVD" of LTBR i have is 10 times worst than my vhs version.My bloody vhs(2 of them) broke down and i am forced to watch it on the crappy DVD so if it's a vhs to dvd please excuse me if i make my own separate thread and start cursing everyone :P Again let us first see and don't celebrate to soon.Remember plug me in?Iron fag?When is it again?....June 7, i guess June 1st we will know about the quality.
sapator
Member #210

I meant backtracks not plug me in. The one with the amp that 80% of the boxes are stacked in a warehouse somewhere now. That one.
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

Firstly, I gotta say this will be a good release and can't wait to see it. But one thing I think should be cleared up here is this. This won't be a VHS to Blu-Ray Transfer. The source material will be of some sort of 'master' or 'master clone' type of source. So the quality will be the best anyone has ever seen it. But I'm certain that the material on the actual disc will be the exact same thing that appeared on the VHS, at least I'm 99% sure. But you guys never know, we may even get lucky to find out that this was filmed in 16:9 aspect ratio and that the only reason we never saw that was because the Theaters and the VHS release didn't so it. But regardless, this will certainly be a good release, and even if I'm wrong and the source material is from a VHS copy, you could be your ass that it'll be a pristine, untouched version, that will certainly get, at least hopefully, get a thorough remaster.
jspr96
Member #24,943

BANNED

"so if it's a vhs to dvd please excuse me if i make my own separate thread and start cursing everyone :P" Bad idea
sapator
Member #210

The guy says bad idea and he creates a fuck off thread afterward. I won't start again but there is something wrong inside your mind dude.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.