Forum

Forum

Shake Your Foundations Edit

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

I was listening to this earlier and heard it get to Brian's vocals, which are really low in this song's mix, so I was working with it and I came up with something that I really liked. Tell me what you think about this or if there's something bad about it, thanks guys!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

and to think, I was watching a documentary earlier today and the British Critics were all over this album on how it's their worst album ever, and they just hold on to it because it says AC/DC....Those critics are idiots
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I know the exact Doc. your talking about, It's got that Malcolm Dome guy in it,(he's the one that hates the album,yet keeps it anyways) Can't stand him.
shmangus
Member #15,010

Num Posts: 65

I love the songs on FOTW. The only problem I personally have with it is the way it was mixed. It sounds to me like Brian recorded two seperate vocal tracks and they were mixed together horribly. That's why it has that sound like he is singing in the bottom of a well. I wish they would go in and remove one of the vocal tracks.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

It was just Produced very,very, bad. Brian and Cliff just need to be louder is all,it's just that Brian sounds like he was in a different room screaming through the walls. Turn him up,make Cliff more prominent, and we're set.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Fly on the Wall: Why Malcolm and Angus have never acted as producers ever again. Which is odd, really, because I love their mix of Flick of the Switch. It's really their most raw, badass rock and roll sounding record, even if most of the songs are nonsensical. Still, Nervous Shakedown, Guns For Hire and Landslide are classics. I think it's safe to say that with Fly on the Wall, Ang and Mal both lost their confidence in a) themselves and b) Brian's voice and instead ended up with this poor, poor mix. I personally love many of the songs on Fly on the Wall (c'mon, how awesome is Danger?). All it needs is someone (Rick Rubin maybe?) to do a proper mix of the album and for the band to start playing the songs live again with Brian's awesome half-step dropped growl and the songs would blow the doors off of whatever Enormodome they're playing...
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Well said Damnation.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Agreed, Well said. I also agree,that a Proper Re-mix could be made, (Would love Rubin to do it.) I wish the band would take the time to re-introduce the neglected albums live. A stretch yes,but would be worth it in the long run.Fly On The Wall has some very,very, good songs on it.
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

I fooking love Fly on the wall. A cracking album from start to finish end of..

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.