Forum

Forum

Should AC/DC knock it on the head..

ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

I love AC/DC have done for almost 28 years but should they maybe call time and bow out gracefully. I wouldent want them to end up like the Stones for me there just embarasing. What do you think...??.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

The Stones are awesome.
ros3
Member #23,267

No you mean the Stones WERE awesome. Now there just a pantomime of what they once were ..
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

Well the Stones are the Stones. As I would guess, they will proly release in 2012 one last album and do a farewell tour and then they Stones have had a 50 years career behind them.
ros3
Member #23,267

Fuck the Stones. Who gives a shit. They lost there balls in the Eighty's. What we want to know is should DC knock it on the head so they can bow out with some dignaty (scuse spelling). Well what do you think ?????....
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I think AC/DC are well past the point of going out with dignity. It's pretty fair to say that AC/DC gave away, sold, etc their dignity with a combination of the Black Ice McTour, the non-greatest hits compilation of Iron Man 2 (of which only 2 songs were actually in the damn movie!) and the pathetic box sets of the last few years. If they were to hit the road or release new songs, let's hope it would be with the goal of regaining their dignity and going out with a bang rather than in further prostituting their dignity and going out with a whimper and a "fuck you" to fans.
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

LOL, and to paraphrase the words of David Coverdale "Here We Go Again". AC/DC do what AC/DC do,like it or lump it,comparing em to the Stones however,bit like comparing chalk to cheese really. As for fuck the Stones,nah, when even Richards admits they aint an album band anymore but a live band,you know exactly what you get when you pays your money,and in my humble wee opinion seeing them crank out Sympathy or Brown Sugar is up there with seeing the best there is,fair enough Jagger is a preening ringmaster and it does reek of corporate funding,but one thing is undeniable,they still believe in what they do cos God knows they dont need the pennies now do they? Just my wee opinion ya unnerstand Dave
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

rob: I think what you said is better paraphrased as: There is no way on the planet Keith Richards will ever stop being cool. Just watch him sing and play in Shine a Light, the Scorsese concert film, especially during A Little T and A. This is a man who loves what he does, even if it's singing off-key to a room full of politicians. Go Keef!
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

the man is rock n roll,and what he dont know about the music is negligable,buggers got a mind like an encyclopaedia,but your right,who cares if the singings off key,its his song,he can play it on a comb n paper if he wants to :o)
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Keith is the man,and the Stones are still great. Shine A Light is a good tune there Damnation.
HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

i dont like the stones but i like that sympothy for the devil song they had, please to meet you hope you guessed my name

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.