Forum

Forum

did acdc copy zeppelin

HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

i mean, some of acdcs song titles has too many similarities to zeppelins song titles, like Zeppelin ACDC You Shook Me You Shook Me All Night Long Whole Lotta Love Whole Lotta Rosie Heartbreaker Ballbreaker Ramble On Ride On Thats The Way Thats The Way I Wanna Rock N Roll Stairway To Heaven Highway To Hell coincidence or not???
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

Anyone will tell you it's just coincidence. I think so too, but they probably drew inspiration from some songs to add as their titles. But as far as the music goes, obviously that's all original.
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

It's got to do with the blues actually
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

No. However,I have read Bon chose "Whole Lotta" for Whole Lotta Rosie as a homage to Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. Other than that,I've never read about any intentional copying of names.(possible I guess?) and The music speaks for it's self,no similarities to my ears.
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

its obviously like the draw from rocker's riff from blue suede shoes. Jerry Lee's Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On. Maybe the You Shook Me Tho. And So Many Bands have a Heatbreak or A Heartbreaker song. mainly just coincidence methinks.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Coincidence is more like it,tons of bands have similar song titles, or songs with similar structures. Not to mention,like the above have stated, it's all based around the blues. Many licks sound alike.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Yes, but only in copying the slide riff from "In My Time of Dying" for "Stormy May Day". However, their version differs from Zep in that they didn't bother to finish writing the song, while Zep surely would have. There's probably a pretty good argument to be made that Zep copied the In My Time of Dying blues riff from some other deep blues source and it's likely AC/DC were influenced by the same deep blues source. Zep have always been known as notorious plagiarists, not just of the blues, but also of folk music and even some middle-eastern music. But just as Shakespeare and Tarantino were/are plaigiarists, Zep meld and merge their stolen riffs with so much of their own voice and technique that it becomes their own. I think it's probably more accurate to say that Zep and AC/DC share some of the same deep blues influences, but AC/DC have plagiarized much more from Chuck Berry than Zep ever did, right down to the duck-walk and the couldn't-care-less-about-people-who-actually-like-them-for-their-music McShow.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

There are some great videos on youtube about how Zep ripped so many other artists and genre's off,it's actually quite scary they've "borrowed" so much. But,it doesn't matter. In the end, Zep made it there own (sorta) and they kicked ass. Great band.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.