Forum

Forum

Thunderstuck from Rock Band

BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

ok, we all know by now that the "AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack" is just the master recordings from '91 Donington. i've been meaning to ask about this. i've had it since the day it was released and ever since the first time i played it i've been wondering where the hell the weird guitar outro in "Thunderstruck" came from. it's not the normal slow ending that Angus always plays (and also played at Donington). so where the f*ck did it come from? does anyone know?
matirocker
Member #24,367

Num Posts: 183

overdub.... any other show played at that tour... or just the Donington track edited... to make it shorter
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

I remember hearing that too. To me, it seems like an overdub that the game designers put in, not AC/DC, for some reason. That overdub sounds stupid though when you're used to hearing the actual and proper outro.
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Just listened to it on YT and WTF? That ain't Angus, no question. Also, this comment made me laugh: "easier on real guitar"
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

way easier on real guitar....That song took me forever on expert to do and a week on real guitar. OT: I wish they would make a FULL AC/DC Rock Band game with the characters and everything like what they did for The Beatles...Have the Bon era and Brian era.I think it would be awesome, and you play the really popular gigs for Tour Mode
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

A week to learn on guitar... after you've spent how many years playing guitar? People tend not to factor in how long they've been learning, but of course it will seem harder on GH because you have far less experience with GH than real guitar. Not to mention, it takes feeling and emotion to play it right on a real guitar, whereas, that comes automatically in GH. To say any song is easier on real guitar is idiotic. Nevermind the fact that 90% of people that say that stuff probably suck ass at playing real guitar, but just because they can pluck the right notes they think they can play the song.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

I've been playing for about almost 4 years but what you don't understand is that all I do is play guitar.When I learn a song I play it all day, on the toilet, in the living room, anywhere. Every song I play, I play with feeling and emotion if I enjoy it, like AC/DC. I'll stop here before I get out of hand... By the way, please don't tell me you put me in that 90%,if that 90% of people are guys who can only tabs, because I know a lot of pentatonic scales, and major scales. I also know how to read real music.My dad's a music teacher and taught me a lot about theory and reading.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Also, forgot to mention, I still don't play the song perfectly but I play it on real guitar much better than I do in a video game.....

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.