Forum

Forum

big fan from Toronto

BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

Num Posts: 15

hi, i just joined. love this place. like a candy store for fans. in particular, i love the early Brian years best (yes, i still love Bon and the latter Brian stuff has moments). but from BIB till Fly, his voice was like barbed wire soaked in whiskey. and the band slightly evolved their sounds on BIB and FTATR. anyways, glad to be here and to have the opportunity to hear live stuff i never thought i'd find -- from the best heavy rock band, live and on album, of all time. cheers. p.s. my AC/DC shows: Flick, Toronto Fly, Toronto Who Made Who, Toronto Blow Up, Toronto, Hamilton Razors Edge, Toronto, Detroit Ballbreaker, Toronto, Buffalo (i'm fairly sure i saw this tour in Buffalo; if not, maybe one of the last two) Black Ice, Toronto
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Welcome Bedlam, this site is indeed a gold mine for fans ;) So you went to the Toronto 1990 show? How about the intermittent power outages they experienced while playing? The band's composure was so cool and they definitely know how to stay calm under pressure!
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

ah, forgot my Stiff Upper Lip show in TO as well. basicially, i saw them every time in TO since Flick except for Sarstock (didn't like the idea of being in crowd of hundreds of thousands miles from the stage by myself; friends didn't want to go. and i missed one of the two Black Ice shows in a ticket-buying fiasco. thought i could get a single at the show for a reasonable price (did this many times in the past). this time proved me horribly wrong as scalpers were insane with their prices, even well into the show. cheers.
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

1990... i would've been there. but can't remember, was that early in the Razor tour? must have been. truth be told, my memory is poruous and i don't even recall it. i remember the Flick tour pretty well and Fly because the Maple Leaf Gardens was a historic venue. one show, way back, Stevie (???) Young, a cousin, played for Mal who was "sick". (Booze sick?). was it that show? if so, i remember him looking and sounding the same (keep in mind the sound at concerts does not make for the best critical appraisal; and i've got tinnitus to boot). they've always been unflappable to me. in the early 80s Angus was a dynamo, as you must know. when i hear people saying how great the last tour was, i say, dude, watch them in the 70s or the early 80s. night and day. Ang has really, really slowed down. so, sorry if i can't answer your question about the outage. at that point in my life, there's a good chance i had a few beers in me too. that's why getting the audio for those shows is so great: can relive some of the memories. cheers. p.s. i posted in the "Wanted" section that i'm looking for the highest recommended early Brian years shows (till about 86). any recommendations from you, or better yet, links would be enormously appreciated, sir! thanks!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Cool, a fan who was at almost all of the band's tours with Brian on vocals ;) Here is the Youtube link to the Toronto 1990 gig when the power system fails (at the 7:36 mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJxCFD664c Regarding links to past shows, if you cannot find what you need here, try these links which are my favs: HouseofBootlegs.net http://z10.invisionfree.com/Black_Ice_Bootlegs/ http://vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com/search/label/AC-DC Hope these can be of help and enjoy ;) Cheers, Scott
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

welcome, i am also in TORONTO!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ How many Toronto gigs did you attend Jesse? Does Bedlam have you beat?!!!!
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

I HAVE A COPY OF( Hamilton 88 A 1DVD COPY OF THAT SHOW ALSO AS A 2 DVD COPY...IF YA DIDNT NO U CAN EMAIL ME AN I COULD GET A COPY OVER TOO YA...
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

OPPS KNUCKY925@YAHOO.COM
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

hey, Jesse and all, good to see this community is still active (the latest post date seemed a bit far back when i joined today). nothing like seeing AC/DC in Maple Leaf Gardens. the Skydome/Rogers Centre is nothing like it, atmosphere wise. i guess being 13 and seeing the mighty Angus, Brian, Mal, Cliff and almost-mighty Simon would also make it bigger than recent shows. will check out links, many thanks!
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

@ShakedownIce 1, nov 7th 2008. im only 18, so ya he has me beat. ;-) @BedlamInToronto do you collect any AC/DC (vinyl,ect,ect) i know of some great shops and people here in Toronto. let me know
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Yeah, I would say so since he has been a fan for 30 years putting him around my age probably and you are 18!! Oops, did not know how old you were which makes a difference!! I myself am a fan of the band for 25 years ;)
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

hey, guys, regarding collecting vinyl, i know it sounds better but i don't have a player any more and i don't have the disposable income to collect stuff for the sake of it. that said, i'd like to pick up tour programs from way back. never used to buy them till the BUYV tour but now i'd value them more than shirts, which are cool, but i never wear. i do have a couple old Flick Tour shirts, and a Fly tour jersey. they're mega cool but they just hang in my closet. years ago, i actually gave lots of my concert shirts to goodwill or something, including (gasp!) AC/DC shirts, like the Who Made WHo shirt (maybe i still have it, have to dig around) but def. the BUYV shirts. they were'nt' quite as classic as the Flick/Fly ones and at the time i never thought 20 years later i'd want to keep them. and i do one day want to get an early 80s album with all 5 original members autographs. but that looks pricey. i guess i do have an interest, just not the coin! one day, BIB, signed by all. i'd hang that in the basement, my man cave. but no, i don't collect rare vinyl editions and such. good to see the young kids (god, that sounds so old) getting into older bands like AC/DC. i remember in the early 80s i would try to go back to the 70s to see what i missed, like Purple and such. cheers!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ You sound so much like myself at your age, which is cool!! I too am not a vinyl collector, although I have some official vinyl releases I picked up a year ago at my record store at a steal of a price. I am starting to wonder if getting back into the vinyl age is going to be the new trend since I see a lot of vinyl appearing and being purchased by music lovers. I need to get myself a good turntable first and think about getting some vinyl, maybe some boots!! It is great to be on a site with some very hardcore collectors who know their stuff. I know Sapator has been posting on the "Item Of The Day" section which is a cool addition and a few others who know their stuff which is a plus to those like myself who are not a collector, but possibly wanting to pick up a few boots in the future! Kudos to Nate for that!!!! If you want to part with any of your shirts Bedlam, PM me with a price. I finally convinced the wife after some tense moments to get some AC/DC stuff since she says I am wasting my $$. I say nah! Cheers, Scott

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.