Forum

Forum

AC/DC MONSTER OF ROCK, DONINGTON PARK CASTEL DONINGTON ENGLAND 22nd August 1981

Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

good mornin nothin better than some acdc in the am ... the detail i have for this is below AC/DC MONSTER OF ROCK, DONINGTON PARK CASTEL DONINGTON ENGLAND 22nd August 1981 SETLIST: HELLS BELLS SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES SIN CITY BACK IN BLACK BAD BOY BOOGIE THE JACK WHAT DO YOU DO FOR MONEY HONEY HIGHWAY TO HELL HIGH VOLTAGE WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE ROCKER T.N.T. ROCK'N ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLLUTION YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG LET THERE BE ROCK Ok here's a show I received sometime way back in the trade. It's from the Monsters of Rock Festival held at Castle Donnington on 22/8/1981. I went to this Festival and I can tell you it pissed it down virtually from start to finish. We ended up for ACDC stood about 10 rows from the front to the right of the stage 30 feet from one of the biggest stacks I have ever seen in my life. Boy I was deaf as post for about 3 days after this gig. I remember looking to my left and seeing a guy holding up a 20 foot pole with a mic strapped to the top (he was dead centre of the stage). At the time I thought I wonder if I ever end up with a copy of that tape. Now I can't say that this is what that guy taped but when you listen to the results on this tape it wouldn't surprise me at all. Whoever did record this I take my hat off to them and I would like to thank them. The sound quality is very good indeed, they did a great job, in what were pretty horrendous conditions. But hey in 1981 I was only in my early 20's, I was earning decent money, no wife kids or obligations about a week after this the rain and mud of Castle Donnington became a distant memory as we all went to Corfu for a three week lads holiday. It was a great time in my life. Ah well back to this. I know there are those that thought AC/DC finished when Bon died, I have always had the opinion that they didn't finish after that tragic event. So for those that want to listen to a great gig in the wind and rain of Nottinghamshire it's here for you to enjoy. Get this turned up and blast it out SQ 8/10 As always support the band, buy their stuff hopefully they will tour again but I'm not to sure about that. Don't sell this it has been made available by fans of the band for fans of the band.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

nice story man.great to have a "little" review from that show. as long as I know there were some sound problems,but not from the band's soundcheck crew. it was raining,also, and the promoters make some mistakes as they don't accepted more than 50.000 ppl. ironically the crowd was over than 60.000! I think this is the same as the one I got,but send me the link... just in case. :) salute you! :) cheers :)
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I'd like a link too, to compare quality.
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

@ send4 theman .. not my detail info from when i got it ...piece of acdc history man .. enjoy
crowie1
Member #20,766

Num Posts: 43

can you send me the link please
BedlamInToronto
Member #25,470

Num Posts: 15

hi, i haven't been on the board in months but i'm a huge, huge Brian fan (the early 80s are my fave era for the band; no disrespect to Bon's glorious days, btw). if you could kindly pass on the link to me i would be tremendously appreciative. thanks a million.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.