Forum

Forum

Whole lotta Rosie Glasgow 1991 heard on the Radio

Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

Well I heard a version of Whole lotta Rosie on the radio. Must be 1990/91 because of the sound of brian's voice. OK the sound was like on ''AC/DC Live'' or like the tracks from Moscow on ''Backtracks''. The radio said the song is from the apollo theater glasgow! So is there really a version of whole lotta Rosie (and mybe more songs) in such a great quality from a show in glasgow or was the radio just wrong with this information? Anyone who knows more about that or maybe has this tracks, please tell me/us! Thanks in advance! :) Greets Big Jack!
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

could be from these but the audio ihave these 1991-04-20 S.E.C.C., GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (1DVD) 1991-04-20 S.E.C.C., GLASGOW, SCOTLAND (2DVD - STAGE LEFT)LK
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Yeah but in the same quality as the tracks on ''AC/DC Live'' or on Backtracks? I was really surprised because this version is the one they played all the time and I never heard about it^^
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

im not sure if the dvds i have if audio was taken from that show .. could ya give me more detail are there songs take from there
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Big Jack: The version of WLR that you heard on the radio was probably either from the Moscow '91 show (AC/DC Live) or from Donington '91 (Backtracks) although I'm pretty certain it was the Moscow version that you heard. Interesting side note here: a couple of months ago, I heard a live version of For Those About to Rock recorded from the '85 Austin show actually play on the radio, no joke. At first, I thought it was someone else covering the song, but then I heard Brian's voice. At the end, Brian said We Salute You Austin. I was kinda surprised that the radio station actually played that particular live soundboard version O_O
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Yeah moscow was my though, too! But it's different from that version: some other guitar notes, other vocal range (I'm sry it's hard ro explain it in english) and the man on the radio really said Glasgow Apollo theater. For those about to Rock from Austin on radio? That' cool! ;) Would love to hear our radio station played things like this! ;)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

But maybe the WLR version is from Moscow just without any doubts?!
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

^^More than likely, yes. I'm guessing that the radio DJ must have gotten the wrong information.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Yeah should be the right guess ;) Anyway thanks very much for your help! :)
YURA_HIGHVOLTAGE
Member #24,975

Num Posts: 77

Location Whole Lotta Rosie heard Big Jack maybe from Glasgow by next reason: Songs to concert album "Live" been taken from: Glasgow, Scotland Apr 20, 1991 Dublin, Ireland Apr 27, 1991 Edmonton, AB, Canada Jun 22, 1991 Donington, England Aug 17, 1991 Moscow, Russia Sep 28, 1991 Possibly Birmingham - Apr 23, 1991 Possibly Nov 24, 1990, Auburn Hills MI see: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/specials/livealbumlocations/ All these gigs been recorded complete and some stuff from these shows may have radio stations. But who knows? About For Those About To Rock from Austin'85: see: http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=acdc-1085d1§ion=131
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

tell you one thing 10% it aint from the Apollo, dj is an arsehole who doesnt research his topic, the Apollo was demolished in the mid 80s last time DC played there was 82
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Yeah I heard about the demolation, too but I was not really sure so I decided to trust the radio Dj^^ @Yura_HighVoltage: Well that's a good thought but it's a shame if we fans doesn't get to hear this shows!!! Thanks to all of your for helping me! Cheers! :)
zoin
Member #13,328

Num Posts: 86

Hey Big Jack, which Radio Station in Germany plays AC/DC live? Cheers, zoin
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Ah yeah you're from germany, too ;) Well i don't know if you know this radio station it's quite popular in Hessen where i live. It's called ''Radio BOB'' Cheers! :)
zoin
Member #13,328

Never heard of Radio BOB, but I visited their website. Looks very interesting, playlist shows lots of good songs. Unfortunately I can't listen to Radio BOB here in the south near Austria and Switzerland. Ok, Webradio would be possible, but I need Radio only 20 min. in the morning in the bathroom and sometimes in my car. Besides this: very funny talking to someone with the same mother tongue in a foreign language.... Cheers, Zoin
Big Jack
Member #25,585

I just hear readio in the bathroom too ;) For the other times i got my cds and stuff :) So you are from Bayern or Baden- Würtemberg? Yeah you're right it's kinda strange, because i talked to a guy from switzerland and we spoke german and know i talke to a guy from germany and we speak english ;) Cheers!
zoin
Member #13,328

I'm from Baden-Württemberg, but the border to Bayern is only a few Kilometers away. I'm living near Lake of Constanze (Bodensee). Hey, if a guy from switzerland speaks german, it sounds really funny. But if he speaks his dialect, "Schwiizerdüütsch", I think most Germans who live more than 50 kms from switzerland away wouldn't understand it.... I really like the dialect and think I understand most of it. Mostly because of listening to "rock Special" in Radio DRS3 in my teenage years. They also have some pretty good bands singing dialect (Patent Ochsner, Baby Jail, Stefan Eicher,... - not hard rock like AC/DC but very good in their style of rock). OK, sorry Riff raff, all this does not belong to the theme "Whole lotta Rosie..." Cheers!
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Yeah i like their dialect, too! Quite funny to listen to them :D I think the theme is finished so should be no problem ;) Cheers! :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.