Forum

Forum

Live at River Plate CD

BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

I just got my copy of the 2 CD version today. I ordered from the store on www.acdc.com. Came with a poster. I was wondering what color AC/DC logo everyone had been getting. I expected it to be the red, but it is the blue. On Amazon it shows 3 different color logos (red, blue, yellow). Does anyone know how to get the other 2 colors? And a side question: what does everyone think about the release so far? I, for one, think it's mixed VERY well, it sounds really good, but it still has dubbed backing vocals from studio recordings. It almost sounds like they dubbed the backing vocals over the actual live vocals (so you can hear both live and studio backing vocals). "Dirty Deeds" is a good example from where I heard it. Give me your thoughts. Thanks.
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

I ordered mine from the online store at ACDC.com, too. I received mine on Monday, and it was the red logo. I was surprised to read that you got the blue logo, as they only showed the cover with the red logo in the online store, plus they didn't give the buyer the opportunity to purchase the yellow or blue logo covers. I'm glad I got the red one! You might try BestBuy and see if they have all 3 colored logos available.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

ok so now we know that if you order it from ACDC.com you will get a random color.
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

got mine at walmart there were mutltiple colors to choose from..
Jeffro
Member #25,055

mine is yellow 2 cd ..
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

it sucks that this is like "Black Ice" with different covers. i have 5 copies of "Black Ice" because of that shit. looks like i'll (eventually) have 3 copies of this live album as well.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Then Sony is doing a fine job.Fine job indeed.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

uh oh. the Sap decided to show up.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Ordered my copy from acdc.com back on the 16th of this month, and it arrived today. My copy has the red logo on it.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

so far the count from ACDC.com is Red: 2 Blue: 1 Yellow: 0
sapator
Member #210

Ok let me ask this quickly and live,because i am considering contacting my Sony connections again. If the new album comes out into 20 different colors (to celebrate the 20th album release) would you buying all the covers? Thank you.
SG/LP
Member #25,567

Num Posts: 21

i almost reckon that dubbing the video with the cd audio would sound good, might do it if i have time..
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

why? why? why? they sell toilet tissue in multiple colours too,I find one does the job perfectly well,or am I missing the point here?
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

I have all covers(by downloading them,hahahaha),I never thought to give sony my money for this shit. as for the sound of "live" album? ....see ya next album(download ofcourse!the band have many millions ways to get their money,even I/someone don't buy the album anyway...)
paulr
Member #12,725

Num Posts: 163

Still not watched the dvd since i bought it. Doubt very much if ill be buying this, in what ever colour it comes in!!! If you are a hardcore follower, like i used to be, buy all three, like I wouldve. Dont get me wrong. Im not being bitter. Far from it, but personally the bands name is just a money making tool now. They didnt need to go with "A" record company. They are so big on their own, They could do it all themselves and not have to bow down and put their name to shit like this. Do you think Malcolm approves of this album and DVD or was he the mastermind behind it? I might be missing the point completely.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

I dont know if Mal or AC/DC in general his/are the mastermind behind this,but yes!Sony needs their approvement(copyrights as they call it) for every release dvd,cd,merchs. so when we have a sony release or a shitty-merch that means that the release have the band's approvement,right? now,I dont know their contract deal,but (as you said) the band is a bigger name since 1980 and their can make the "deal" with their rules....but ok,its all show bussiness so....and a dog eat dog world.... cheers :)
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"Does anyone know how to get the other 2 colors?" Yes. Go to Amazon, click on the image one of the colors you don't have, right-click and select "Save Image As" and save it to the (inevitable) ripped MP3 folder of the CD. Seriously, do you know how easy it is to change the color of something like a logo in Photoshop? Sony put almost no effort at all into putting out this product... The DVD was released 2 years ago. The audio is from the exact same concerts. Fans ripped the audio from the DVD and put it on their MP3 players (or at least the 7 songs which weren't on the live album from 20 years ago). AC/DC took the audio from the DVD and released it two years later as an all new release. There is no reason for this CD to exist...
sapator
Member #210

"There is no reason for this CD to exist..." I beg to differ since obviously people are buying it. Will contact Sony pals in Greece to give the idea for 20 different covers.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Those who have both, how much "different" is the CD from the DVD/BD mix? I wouldn't think they would make it THAT different (except for fading between discs, typical and expected). I have heard the mix of a few of the songs from the DVD and I think it's good as is, and I still don't have the video version and hate double dipping (despite the fact that I did for Plug Me In, cursed bonus discs).
sapator
Member #210

If you rip the blu ray, does it have a better sound than the DVD? Never looked at bly ray specs but if it have more than 48hz freqs then it beats DVD and of course the 44hz cd by a long shot.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

I'm not referring to technical specs (44.1 vs 48 vs 96 and 16 vs 24 bits). I'm referring to the actual mix (and mastering, how is the range on the DVD? Is it compressed like a CD would be?).
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

I personally think the CD sounds better than the DVD. And for the guys that always put everything down: I simply asked a couple questions to get some input, not to get insulted. Thanks.
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey BonScott:) Not sure anyone is intending to insult you personally. Many people, myself included, actually feel insulted by the record company and the band themselves by the way they keep pumping out these "collectable" covers. Black Ice had 4 covers, this one has 3 but apart from a bit of an extra booklet with the deluxe Black Ice, you're not actually getting anything collectable. It is a RIP OFF mate, nothing more!! A collectable edition is supposed to give you something valuable to collect. Take another of my favourite bands, Aerosmith. Their new album has the standard version in a standard plastic cd container but the bonus version is in a much larger folder, has 3 bonus tracks and a DVD with an hours worth of interviews and live footage. It's only $2 dearer than the regular version here in Australia. THAT is collectable and THAT is value!! Not this crap of releasing the audio from a 2 year old DVD as a "new" live album and putting it out with 3 different coloured logos!! Whoever is designing these versions for AC/DC should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, as should everyone involved in signing off on it, the band included!! AC/DC fans should NOT be made to feel obliged to shell out $60 for 3 cds just to get 3 different coloured logos and, as I already have before, I beg the fans on this site, DO NOT buy any more than 1 version of this cd!!! Let's always be sure that on this site we are all AC/DC fans and we don't insult each other, even if we don't agree all the time:)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I could care less what color, smell, feel, taste, (oh, sorry going off here) a cover comes out in. I buy the music for the music and if it has a cover, that is fine with me. Like Sap said, Sony is just out to make a buck and find people who will be gullible enough to buy all the differetn colred covers. Looks like it did a fine job I must say. If anyone wants all 3 colors, just right-click, save picture, then print out. Simple as that folks ;)
Jeffro
Member #25,055

LOL ... PEOPLE LIKE II.. I BOUGHT ALL WHAT COLORS I COULD SEE INFRONT OF ME.. FUCK SONY .. KISS MY ASS .. AN ANYTHING ELSE SELLINACDC I DIDNT PAY FOR WHO EVER PRODUCTIONS .. OR WHO THERE SIGHNED TOO NOW .. I PAID FOR IT CAUSE IT SAID ACDC .. AMEN .. TO ME .. ENJOY YOUR DAY DUDES
sapator
Member #210

Now ,now calm down people cuz you ain't gonna get your Xmas present.You heard me, i have something coming up to put against the River Plate live.Well see who wins. Oh and for people to get it you will have to email me with a P.S. saying Fuck Sony! Coming near the end of the month.... And i believe no-one has what i am putting out ;)
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Something I was thinking, with iTunes, yes, I think the label needed the band's "approval" (either Malcolm or a manager or something) to put the music up there, but the band's approval technically is not needed on the multiple colors of the AC/DC logo. Case in point, the "label released" Guns N Roses Greatest Hits collection that was few years before Chinese Democracy. The band (GNR in this case) tried to stop the release with legal means, saying the label had no right to release it. The label came back and said they had given the band (ahem, Axl Rose) plenty of time to come out with a finished product and they were releasing that. Also in cases like the GNR Greatest Hits and this (the Live At River Plate CD release) are often "ok'd" by the "band" in a point where they are trying to please the label in times where they are working on an album or just trying to keep hold of a contract.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

FUCK SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my yellow copy at Wally World (Wal-Mart) only to open it up and find only 1 disc inside. Missing Disc 1, so went back and got the last copy in stock, another yellow. Think Sony has some morons working at its facility, nothing new there ;)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.