Forum

Forum

upload site for big stuff.

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Hey, i will be giving the New Year gift in a couple of days but i saw that rapidshare files will go one something like "user limit exceeded" phase.I have a paid rapidshare account but i haven't put any money in it for 4-5 years so i don't know if that will affect me as well. Can you tell me if that will happen to me also and if so can you proved a good host that i can upload big files? I'm asking this because it will be a one time offer since the files are huge and i am not in any mood to re upload anything if it goes down. So this is for your own safety because is the files go down am not re uploading. I would prefer rapidhare if someone has tested and is sure that the files will stay. Cheersopoulos.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

If you know how to split archives, Mirrorstack.com does a pretty good job spreading it around.
sapator
Member #210

I know how to split.Have around 280GB per file here.Do i need to split more?
travishayes89
Member #8,722

I don't know about what file size limits Mirrorstack has...and even though I have not personally uploaded anything there myself, I do know it works good (although, like any site, can encounter problems.)
sapator
Member #210

I've read zippyshare is a good one but i have to cut the files to 200GB max. Ok maybe i'll rapidshare them and if i get the limit thing all do it one last time on zippyshare.
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Sap, how much room do you need?
sapator
Member #210

Hey Nate.It 827mb rared.
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Thanks Sap, was going to offer to put it up for you on my server but I can't swing that big of a file for a lot of downloads.  Hopefully you find a place to put it.

sapator
Member #210

No problem Nate, thanks for the offer.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, if you get the files down to no more than 200 MB each, Mirrorstack can handle getting them to multiple sites (therefore avoiding the Rapidshare and Mediafire BS that happens sometimes). Zippyshare is the fastest I've used lately, but Mirrorstack would allow for a "redundant backup" of sorts (computer guys will understand what that is, it's when the same file is stored multiple times on different drives).

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.