Forum

Forum

Maximum Overdrive - Hells Bells

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

Ok, noticed something recently that i never noticed before or ever heard brought up and am now just curious. Was watching Maximum Overdrive, which was taped off MonsterVision in the late 90s :). While watching the scene where Hells Bells is played, i noticed that multiple sources were used for the track, this is most notably "You're only Young But You're Gunna Die." you can hear the original track playing and not the edit, is there any reason for this? I checked my DVD same thing. skip to 1:18:36 i think what i'm trying to say is these "mixes" we have been after for years, may not exist
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

I don't know to be honest. I didn't really notice that when I was watching the movie really.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I credit the weird mixes and edits to the songs in this movie to "Hollywood." It's a thing where the editors sometimes have to, on the fly, create a version of a song for a movie. Some of the common things done is looping instrumental riffs under dialog, or cutting to a chorus early to accent a camera angle change. Also, when they are songs being created specifically for the movie or TV show (in the case of scoring or action themes) they will, sometimes, need to alter the actual mix.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.