Forum

Forum

Rare 'Thunderstruck' early version demo/soon to be destroyed!!

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

This just came in 3 hours ago regarding an ultra rare 'Thunderstruck' recording on a master tape which recording studio Windmill Lane will be destroying along with other tapes from various artists. I never heard any 'Razor's Edge' demos, so this truly would be a great item to preserve and save. My question is why destroy these master tapes, what are these idiots thinking of? There are fans like us who may want to get their hands on this. I know I am contacting Windmill Lane as we speak to see what can be done to preserve and save the tape from being destroyed. Full article can be read here: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/ultra-rare-acdc-and-metallica-master-tapes-to-be-destroyed/ What do the rest of you guys think? I am sure this will get the conversation going...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Just sent off a message to Windmill Lane. I encourage everyone else here to do the same in the hopes that we can preserve this tape and maybe someone here can snatch it up and own a piece of rock history from one of the best bands around. Cheers
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

Thanks for posting the link! I did the same and contacted them in hopes to get the tapes or at least a copy. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
acojeman
Member #25,767

Num Posts: 199

why would somebody intentionally destroy a piece of history?, surely even if the master is destroyed, they'll record it onto something else first, nobody can be that stupid
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I agree Here is another article and it looks like they are telling artists to come forward and get these before they destroy them. Wonder if the band knows about this and if they will obtain these? http://www.audioprointernational.com/news/read/u2-master-tapes-under-threat-from-dublin-studio-expansion/05689
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

nowadays i have no idea why anything like that would go un preserved, Years ago this was nothing out of the ordinary. Literally destroy music or film stock based sorely on the fact it was taking up precious space.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

You'd think that Sony would have tried to find every AC/DC tape ever and digitally archive and remaster it so they could milk the cash cow. I know some of us have strong opinions about Sony's practices, but what if we contact them and let them know of the existence of this tape? Also, a lot of times the studio actually owns the recording session tapes unless you explicitly state that you want to own them. Many times a band will record the album, buy the tapes that they are using to make the album and not worry about unused recordings since, at least most of the time, the studio would simply reuse the tapes.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

well,I contact with 'windmill lane studios'....dont know bout you,but I receive no answer...yet...
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Same here, still waiting for a reply. Might have to contact Sony and ask them to grab the tape!!
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

No answer here as of yet.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

I THINK THAT THESE BASTARDS IGNORE US! WELL,IF SO... MAY THEY DIE WITH PAIN!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

All I can say is if I find out this tape was destroyed, there will be hell to pay... Hear that Windmill Lane you Sony disguised bastards!!!!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.