Forum

Forum

Brian Talks About Band’s Live Album(That He Didn’t Know About)

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

I just find this and I thought might be interested http://www.hayspost.com/2013/03/12/kfix-rock-news-acdcs-brian-johnson-talks-about-bands-new-live-album-that-he-didnt-know-about/ cheers,salute you :)
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

in the recent interview Mark Evans stated that he is surprised that someone from the band can do some outside band work and publish it. Maybe only Bon could do it. But, he thought times are changing. With all due respect, I think that Mal talked with Brian rather than that. Band philosophy us against them remains, and I think that is a good thing. P.S. Brian kind a solo mini tour was also canceled last year in US
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

So, at least one member was unaware of the River Plate CD? Interesting...very interesting. I wonder if the band, at some point, signed a new contract that allowed collections of previously released material like Iron Man 2 and the CD release of the River Plate concerts to happen without the full band's consent.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ I agree, seems funny since I thought the band would have to know what is being released and approve or disapprove any material to be released by the record label, like Travishayes said regarding the band's consent.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

If I had to guess, I would say Malcolm is the only one that has to give consent now. Or maybe it's like when Guns N Roses' Greatest Hits was released, Axl tried to get it stopped...the label said that he had been given plenty of time to release Chinese Democracy so they were releasing something. Slash and Duff even tried to help get it stopped. Either way, it's one of the many reasons why I think people have ultimately stopped liking Sony (heck, look at all the mess with their home media division removing analog outputs from the Blu-ray players.)
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

To be fair here, i don't think anyone gets a bluray player so he can plug it on analog. Unless you mean analog sound. Btw Brian usually know nothing about release dates, just saying. Surprised he didn't "f#ck the fans" on the interview.What he forgot it?Dammit! P.S. Was a good thing he didn't know about the album. One more giant turd by Sony, landing to our heads. Next, some random thoughts by sapator's brain. Buzzz,bzzz, I want a pizza! Destroyer of evil....Don't hurt me! Bzzz, zzz, buzzz buzzz. Collection,collection, have it there, ahh,not,ahh ok. Sex and drugs and post alternative. Pros. Revenge,revenge.....REVENGE.Revenge... 99% evil 1% evil. Buzzz.Buzzzz. Enter the parliament with a bunch of grenades... Buzz, fuck Sony....Enter Sony Greece with candies..They fucked the fans.Love it! Buzzzsz.zzzzz. Drink till i pass out..Hmmm.Will do, where is the fucking milk!Ahh i'll go will now....Buzz. Post reply.//
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

*Facepalm* Sony....*sighs* Once again you stuffed up... They are definitely making AC/DC a bad name. Now i'm definitely worried about them taking the thunderstruck demo tape....Not only that but if they do release all of those rare promos, largo 1981 (ect) They would do the same thing to Donnigtion 1991 on dvd....Someday they will be finished....I can see it a mile away.
sapator
Member #210

Buh, you are thinking pennies am am thinking diamonds. They must definitely sue our asses for all the bootlegs we have, put each one of them in fancy cd cases (and include an AC/DC plectrum),of course 4 different colors on each boot and sell them for 20$. This way they would at least go up to 5000 releases in the upcoming years and keep the victi, err fans happy. As a bonus they should start selling Angus sweat and Brian's spit in fancy bottles.Not very big bottle mind you. The variable body fluids should be in minimum amount per bottle. Let me know for any other ideas and i might visit my shitfor, err, yes, i meant "friends" in Sony Greece for brainstorming.
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

I think we missing the point here. the statement - ”was probably too busy doing something else.” this wasnt ac dc philosophy ever, and I think one of the reasons they made what they made. thanks to God, 40 successful years passed, but this attitude should and must remain.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, analog audio doesn't exist on Blu-ray players anymore, but the high def component video doesn't exist anymore either. People who buy a new Blu-ray player, yet have an older HDTV, can't watch it on there... I'm sure Brian was more than aware of the River Plate DVD/BD releases, but it's likely that the rights were set up on the concert so they could release the audio too...and it's likely that the no one in the band thought they would actually want to sell the audio by itself. Live CDs are a rare thing these days.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Building on what Travis said, it may be that even the band knew that if River Plate was out on DVD/BD, then the audio was out, too. However, I'm pretty sure they signed away their own destiny with Sony if they don't put out a record once a year to cover their multi-million dollar contract, so this is why we, the fans, have been bombarded with a bunch of overpriced, underproduced, poorly put together product. The same thing happened to Aerosmith. How many Greatest Hits albums do they have? Why do you think that is? AC/DC refuse to do greatest hits albums, so Sony just does the runaround on them and puts out greatest hits DVD compilations and poorly planned and put-together boxsets (Backtracks, anyone?) and makes the money back on their multi-million dollar contract over time, anyways. What do you want to bet that if AC/DC doesn't put out a new album in the next 6-8 months, we're going to get something else "from the vaults" packaged and mastered in a maximum-profit, minimum fan-friendly way?
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Let's take a look at the Sony releases: 2003 - AC/DC Remasters series (incl Live At Donington DVD) 2004 - Back In Black: DualDisc (which is a dead format now BTW) 2005 - Family Jewels / Ballbreaker reissue 2006 - nothing? 2007 - Plug Me In (with all related things) / US reissue of Stiff Upper Lip / Live At Donington BD 2008 - Black Ice / No Bull: The Director's Cut DVD/BD 2009 - Backtracks 2010 - Iron Man 2 2011 - River Plate DVD/BD 2012 - River Plate CD So yeah, they have, with the exception of 2006, released something "new" every year since 2003. New masterings in 2003. New BTS and mix of Back In Black in 2004. New to DVD videos in 2005. New to DVD videos in 2007. New edit of No Bull and new album in 2008. New to CD stuff in 2009. New collection of music in 2010. New concert footage in 2011. New to CD concert in 2012. Sony definitely knows how to make money, I'll give them that, and honestly, I'm not mad at Sony, it's their right as a company to do this type of contract, and it was likely in the contract and AC/DC knows about every "new" release (or a representative of AC/DC, likely Malcolm Young).
sapator
Member #210

Yeah, they are releasing turds since 2007.The have re-re-re-re-remastered the cd's 5 times. It's their right as a company to spoil AC/DC good name. Of course. Sony - life is good and we want to mess it up. Turding your mind since 1958.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, I don't hate Tony, I just hate certain decisions he makes. He's a nice guy. Wait, we're talking about Sony? The company? Not a living breathing human with feelings but a cold corporate monster? Yeah, forget them...
sapator
Member #210

Ahh, the things i could tell you about Tony. Tony, tony tony toonyyy. Cold corporate monster, yep, being there, done that, i have benefited from them in many ways but in the end i found my redemption and dumped them, before they start turting the band. Don't forget numerous cd box set's collections they've putted out that included all the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-er-ererklmnczklzlckn masters. To polis to Sonnus evgazein omato estin.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.