Forum

Forum

LP Let there be rock - wrong pressing with Tom Waits

zoin
Member #13,328

Num Posts: 86

Hey guys, as I looked through my LP-collection these days I re-found a german "Let there be rock"-LP where something seemes to went wrong while pressing vinyl. Artwork is exactly the same as my regular LP, also side 2. Only on side 1 there is no AC/DC but 5 Songs by Tom Waits. Tested it with "Shazam" and it says it's from the lp "The heart of saturday night". Did any of you ever heard of this LP? Just wondering what it is worth. Or is it just "rubbish"? Cheers, zoin
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

That's not too uncommon, it's not too common, but not too uncommon either. It's a thing that sometimes happens. I'd say ask Nightprowler about it...he's the vinyl king around here.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

This is not rare at all, have seen pressings with other unrelated music on them pop up here and there. Could be worth something depending on how many were produced, but IMHO don't think would grab much unlike the fake '12 Of The Best' cassette on Ebay now ;)
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

Even their new album was mispressed a small number of times. It had "The Clash" on disc one side b.
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

Num Posts: 510

hi zoin, pm sent.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

So is this one a rarity NOP or what? Don't let us in the dark, no secrets here ;)
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

i'll let you know once i get the info i asked from him.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

ok, thanks NP. Hoping Zoin has something good here. Nice to see rarities come around or new shows like the recent Launceston 1975 show surface now and then. Wish I could get that Freedom Hall (TN) show from late 70s my friend has. Knowing there is something out there you could share with others but cannot due to someone letting a tape sit and possibly wear down is frustrating. Oh well, hope Zoin has luck with his pressing ;)
zoin
Member #13,328

Sorry guys, I'm on nightshift. I can search for the needed info tomorrow. No secrets ;-)
zoin
Member #13,328

nightprowler said, it's a minor rarity, could be worth around $100. Quite much, I didn't expect this. Bought it around 20 years ago for 20 DM (~$12) and was surprised when I wanted to listen to AC/DC as I went home with this lp.
zoin
Member #13,328

Sorry, forgot something important: Thanks nightprowler!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Great news there Zoin! At least it is worth more than what you paid, in this case around 10 times original price. I would hold on to it even if it is a minor rarity since prices of these vinyls pressed by mistake could go up in the future (who knows). Thanks NP for looking into this!
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

no problem zoin & shakedown, :-) zoin,sent you another pm with an offer for ya which is really quite generous, ;-)
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

oh well,i tried to make a deal,but no luck. offered him a really super sweet deal & couldn't believe he said thanks,but no thanks, :-( . but i do have to respect his decision,i been there many times myself. zoin,if you ever change your mind,please let me know first b4 anyone else.
zoin
Member #13,328

Sorry nightprowler, but it really would have broken my heart to divorce from this lp I own for so long ;-) If I ever change my mind, you will be the first to know...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.