Super 8 footage of August 24, 1977 - Palladium, New York, NY, USA

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=353
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

At the 0:44 mark you can see exactly when a picture was taken, that pic i think is in the booklet for the Bonfire box set
mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

Very Nice!!
todds68camaro
Member #8,579

Num Posts: 62

As always. fantastic find jessestorozuk! Damn nice. Thanks for sharing.
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

is this a dream or what? in last few months we had more extremely rare stuff the in past few decades! THANK YOU VERY MUCH jessestorozuk!!! P.S. only two replies? does people realize how rare this stuff is, and how hard to find? now, someone generosity puts it two clicks away from you. at least, show some appreciation....
acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

Riff Raff, Can someone share this file on one of the file sharing sites so we can download it and save it? Please and thank you. Scotty from Detroit (acdc74)
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

thats right Marteau, lot's of great stuff this year, fantastic and today we have: Shake, Rattle and Roll Live with Bon - fantastic !
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Thank you so much for this great video of such a popular DC show! Cheers.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks Jesse, nice to see another Bon gem pop up. This year is sure starting to be an active and cherishable one on ACDC-Bootlegs.com with all the newly circulated goodies like this and MrDangermouse10's beauties. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more, but if not, this definitely is better than nothing. Let There Be Rock!!
mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

"Looking forward to hopefully seeing more" Yeah me too... dreaming with the day, which we could hear a 1974 and 1975 SBD boot, or also, watch a proshot from those same years. :D Hopefully
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

PM if you need it :)
Orelob
Member #25,097

Num Posts: 63

The footage shows 'out of order' sequence which tells me the an edited version for this website was created! Can anyone confirm that the full setlist as motion picture exists? With sound? With dubbed sound? Anything in the tea kettle to accompany the bacon?
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

i highly doubt that there is a full concert recorded from 8mm film. expensive back then, you can only record for so long.
thunderstruc0
Member #280

Num Posts: 54

I've got a Super 8 camera myself; the film cartridges are about 2 1/2 minutes of film if you have a good frame rate, which this obviously does. They have sound, however, it is often terrible & recorded optically on the film, thus making it difficult for playback & often scrapped in transfers. Looks like this is all we've got from this show, but wow....is it good! Can't believe all the Bon gems that are coming out of the woodwork!
rhece6
Member #2,168

Exactly, it would be the same as the 8mm film of Ozzy w/ Randy Rhoads that came out in 2011. While most of the concert was filmed, it was cut every 2.5 mins ~ or thereabouts. Coincidentally (or perhaps not) the Rhoads video was filmed at the Palladium as well. Wonder if it was the same filmer?

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.