Forum

Forum

Brian Johnson To Appear on Sting's Next Album

acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

Riff Raff, Here is some quick Brian Johnson news.... Source given credit is Classicrockmagazine.com AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson is to make a guest appearance on Sting’s next album, The Last Ship. It’s based on a Broadway play of the same name which debuts next year, exploring the end of the shipbuilding industry in both musicians’ native Newcastle area. The album is released in September. Scotty from Detroit (acdc74)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Think Brian should focus on his own band and put out another album soon!! Little sarcasm of course ;)
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

If the Brothers Young don't feel compelled to make an album at this time, why should Brian not help someone else out? It will be interesting having those two together.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Travis, the Young brothers are actually working on new songs, so I think they are actually compelled to get a new album going. I read this on a few recent articles which also had the news about Brian + Sting working together. Whatever Brian decides to do, good for him. I just rather would see him spend time with the boys and concentrate on getting one last album for us fans out before they call it quits. IMHO. I must say, Sting's work is brilliant and with both of them performing together, will be interesting like you said to hear what they come up with.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Well, Brian hasn't written lyrics for AC/DC since the late 80s, and while I do wish he would get back behind the band's pen, it appears as though the Youngs are more than happy writing lyrics and music. The songs Brian did back around 2007 (Chain Gang On The Road being one) were good...and that was just before Black Ice's release. It's probably that Brian just gets the itch to record a little quicker than the Youngs do nowadays.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Great, can't wait to hear Brian. I would also wish that Brian would write lyrics for DC again, bit of a poor effort from the Young brothers on Black Ice's lyrics.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Yeah, the Young's maxed out their lyrical strengths with Ballbreaker. Time for a more collaborative effort, boys. As for Brian and Sting - that's a strange mix, but a creative one. At least someone's still being creative. Who would have thought it would be Brian? I just read Rocker and Rollers and damn, he's one smart, funny, guy! Why has that almost never come through in his lyrics? If he wrote lyrics like he narrated his story (and like he wrote in 2007), he'd be considered a classic songwriter like Bon. Instead, we got all this pseudo-macho stadium anthem crap during the 80s. It sounded awesome, until you actually listened to it. Then you realized that it really meant nothing...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.