Forum

Forum

Most valuable vinyl + cd bootleg

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Curious as to what is the most valuable and most rarest vinyl + cd bootleg out there and what makes it valuable/rare. Since there are so many bootlegs out there, I was pondering this question. I know Sapator is into cds, and NP knows vinyl, so maybe they would know or someone else knows. Thanks
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

The most rarest vinyl is most likely '12 Of The Best', I know the rarest cassette is probably this one.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Actually, I forgot no vinyl was made of '12 of the Best', so not that one
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Hey Shake, I'm a bit of a vinyl collector so I could help you with this one. A while ago I saw an AC/DC triple vinyl box set called 'Overheating'. It also came with 2 CD's from the show with a poster and the show was Paris 1988. That sold for about £160. That's the rarest I have ever saw, real vinyl collectors will know of rarer boots. Cheers.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

just look for the bootlegs http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=ACDC&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=dprice&x=18&y=11
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks Jesse, but I already saw this page and there are many which say "Mega Rare", but anyone can put that on their auction. I am sure someone knows of the rarest and most valuable of both vinyl + cd, but then maybe Sap and NP have no clue as no response yet as I thought they would have known.
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

Num Posts: 43

@ShakedownIce, Have a look at: http://www.jack-d.com/. There is lot's of great information on many of the earlier vinyl and CD AC/DC bootlegs. This will give you a good idea of what is worth lot's of $$$. Have a great day!
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

@ShaakedownIce, There is no real way to determine what is the most valuable vinyl or CD item. An item's collectible worth is what the buyer is willing to pay for the item. Moneytalks!
meanstreak64
Member #14,848

*@ShakedownIce
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks Meanstreak for that link, this is one of the most informative ones I have seen as of yet. I know it is hard to pinpoint and single out the rarest/most valuable, was just curious if there was that 'Holy Grail' out there which I thought there may have been. I know many limited pressings, such as those with lets say less than 5 produced, would be more rare + valuable than those with 20 pressings. Common sense I guess. The ones I think are most valuable for vinyl are 'Ranger Rock' and the 'Serpents New American Facism' (never released).
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Sap ain't answering because is on vacation and back today. NP probably insulted about the no-clue stuff you said or laughing his ass off. Now, if you are talking about CD bootlegs then jack-d page will give you a clue and i cannot comment as i am very little at Silver CD bootlegs.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"NP probably insulted about the no-clue stuff you said or laughing his ass off" ?????????????? Are you drunk again Sap?? lol
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

I've already got links to some great sites with prices and replies from others, so thanks anyway Sap ;)
sapator
Member #210

Nope i had to drive back, but if you suggest that NP has no clue on LP's then you probably are drunk :) Ah great that you found the info you are looking for. Can you enlighten us too? Cheers.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Ah Sap, always love how you twist words around in my posts. If you would not have rushed back from your so called "vacation" (becoming old), you would have read my post correctly and that I said "MAYBE NightProwler has no clue", which means he may or may not. Just because someone knows a lot about vinyls or cds does not mean they may know what the most valuable or rarest one there is out there which is why I posted this or I could have just sent him a PM with my question. I feel there are more than 2 collectors on this forum who know their stuff, so lets not be ignorant and have an ego trip Sap. You don't want me to open up a BIG can of whoop ass on ya and spoil all your vacations (do you work??!!) Now I am not questioning NP, I believe he knows his sh*t, so lets let him make a post to see if he knows. I know you loathe me, that's ok. No need to be sarcastic in every post I make or bring me up in other posts. Makes you look small. I am happy with the posts from others with their info and if NP gets a chance to enlighten us with what he knows, great. If not, I don't expect him to know everything. Cheers ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Nate, please feel free to lock this thread as my question has been answered since Sap is playing his childish games again as usual ;) Thanks BN
sapator
Member #210

See. Do you see this guys? This is the sap way to irritate people. Keep notes..Lol. I am not mad with you but just for the heck of it and since you wrote a big one... Now let's see who is being sarcastic. " but then maybe Sap and NP have no clue as no response yet ". I left myself out and you said i was ignorant. Cool. You suggested that NP maybe does not know, i will give you the maybe stuff but if NP does not know then who does? I mean the guy gives lessons to troubled children about AC/DC and stuff. "Are you drunk again Sap" I am whatever the fuck i want to be. And i am never drunk, i am just no sober at all. "open up a BIG can of whoop ass on ya" Lol. "and spoil all your vacations (do you work??!!)" We had the holly spirit holiday on Monday and everything is closed here. " Sap is playing his childish games again as usual " I do, and it's working. Anyhow i was messing with you as usual but since you decided to do a lecture... So yeah it's cool by me. If you think i am being sarcastic all the time and loathe you then you are wrong. Let me close with something that irritates me about you and i kept it to myself because actually i think you were an ok person (still do but i think i will let "humor" out when i answer you because, as i've said, i don't loathe you and i don't want to start a fight that will mess this forum up again.Because, and you can trust me on that, you don't wanna start a fight with 2-3 people here and i am one of them). Ok, i get irritated when you post a question and someone does not answer you and you get frustrated and write stuff, like "He does not know", "He does not care about the forum", "is not sharing the bootleg", "where is the bootleg you promised?" etc. You have done that with people and sometimes with Nate and i was pissed but kept it to myself.Nate is a very cool and easy going guy and will not answer you back on this but on the other hand i have some,err, limitations. You must accept that people have other interests, occupations or they simply don't fell like answering. So yeah if you can ease a bit on that would be cool. At least if no one seems to bother by that then don't write that about me again. No need for anyone to lock anything since i believe we have an understanding here(?). If you want me to easy anything that irritates your individually let me know also.
sapator
Member #210

I was also somewhat interested on the Rare CD boots you found to see if they are somewhat the same with jack-d page but since you though i was sarcastic just ignore that request.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Nice reply and I guess if I irritate you with the some things, what's the big deal? There are a few people here in the past which you referred to when I ask questions like "where is the bootleg", "he does not know" etc. that I have reason to say what I say for good reasons. There were a few individuals here (I will not name) in the past who promised shit, and if they don't come through, I call them out on it. Simple as that. If you promise something, then follow through. I always do, or try my best anyways. If I cannot get a link for someone if I say I will, I send them a PM telling them so. Ask LooseLips (sorry Looselips for bringing you into this, just wanted to show proof of my statement). Many members here respect me and appreciate my work and I could care less if some people have a problem. I am not here to make friends (although I have acquired many which is awesome) or enemies, I can do that on FB. I am here to share and enjoy the music of one of my favorite bands who has inspired me through hard times and help out by contributing as much as possible which I personally have been thanked by Nate. If you want me to show all the PMs (yes, I keep the good ones just in case I need to defend instances like this arise where I am called out on something I did wrong) I received by them (including Nate, BTW who him and I are good friends, we respect each other), I can do so. Some things you could chill out on Sap are not speaking on behalf of others like about NP and what you think he does like "NP probably insulted about the no-clue stuff you said or laughing his ass off." or saying things like "Nate is a very cool and easy going guy and will not answer you back on this". You sound 100% sure, but have been wrong in the past when heated discussions like this arose where he did respond. But the biggest thing I have a problem with is bringing me up in some posts being sarcastic. Maybe you mean things as a joke as you say, but it comes across to me as being sarcastic at times. I wish in the future if you feel I am being out of line, please PM me which what that is for, not out on the forum which I am sure nobody cares and wants to see since they are here for the same reasons we are: the band, the music, the history. Oh, and your so called "threatening" statement: "Because, and you can trust me on that, you don't wanna start a fight with 2-3 people here and i am one of them" is not intimidating and does not work with me, sorry. There, I just unleashed (er, ranted?, raved?) what bothers me about you which I also kept boggled up and there are others who share my same thoughts who shared this through PMs, but that is their comments, not mine, just an FYI. Don't get bothered by this comment, just trying to explain it is not just me who sees this. Hope we can work on these issues in the future, I always like your humor and like to add humor as well which is fun to get a laugh. I never had anything against you either, I guess we kind of just got under each other's skin and one thing led to the next. at least I know what I did wrong and apologize for my actions. I am human and am not perfect. I make mistakes. I am human. Hope you understand your faults and can work on them also. Peace
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^BTW, this will be my last post on this matter now that we both had a chance to express our "love" for each other (little humor there Sap, don't take it as sarcastic) ;)
sapator
Member #210

Well no problem here either. I just think you're a little "picky", you know, you got "pissed" with some of my writing and you could keep it to yourself for so long, so it just boiled in. On the other hand, there hasn't been anyone yet that can piss me off like that because well my personality is kinda, you know, sap. I'll go easy on you as you asked. Of course i will speak on behalf of others when addressed to others here because is my favorite game to piss NP off. That's goes on for many many wonderful years when i first expressed my question on why would you use an LP other that serving drinks :) . Actually it goes longer than that with NP, on another site on another time. So yeah, message received. Have a nice day.
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

Num Posts: 510

god damn it, can't we all just get the fuck along??????????? PMSLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ lol!! everything's good NP BTW, do you know what the most valuable vinyl is or is it just what a collector pays for it? I know you know your stuff on vinyl. I checked jack-d page, and it stated '110/220' was the second most valuable, did not see anything about the most sought after or pricey boot out there.
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

Num Posts: 510

well,it's kinda hard to say on which bootleg lp is worth the most,it really all depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it. what I go by is how hard it is to find. here's a few that 1 have that are rare as hell: the little cunts have done it,limited to 150 copies,i got #11 http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/nightprowler122669/media/littlecuntshavedoneit110f150_zps79c60f80.png.html?sort=3&o=29 same show,different title"& I curdled her cream"limited to 30 copies,this is #4 http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/nightprowler122669/media/andicurdledhercream40f30thanksmark_zps8fb1c20c.png.html?sort=3&o=274 Swedish neurotic-acetate limited to 6 copies,this is #5 http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/nightprowler1226699/media/swedishneuroticaacetate5of6ultrarare_zps385fc1ee.png.html?sort=3&o=143 blues,booze & tattoos- acetate with alternate color(test) covers,limited to 2 copies,this is #2 http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/nightprowler122669/media/bluesboozeamptattoosacetate1ofonly2madeultrarare_zps83f81dc9.png.html?sort=3&o=239 I got others,but just don't have the time to get into right now,got to go play daddy 24/7 most of the time, ;-)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Some nice gems you have there NP. Thanks for your help and links to your page. There are some boots I have in mind that I wish to purchase someday, hopefully in the next couple of months as I have been trying to save some $$, so was curious if any of the ones I had in mind were worth collecting. It looks like jack-d is my best bet to check on rarity or value, and I agree with what you said regarding value and that it all depends on the buyer and what he is willing to fork out. I will never have money to get a collection like yours, but would like to own a few good boots maybe worth a little value. Again, thanks for the input NP and if and when a few of the boots I have in mind come up for auction or sale, I will shoot you a PM just for your advice and knowledge on them.
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

well hello to all ,, good ta be seein ya .. jeffro .. nice boots ..
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Who are you again?? lol!! Hi there Jeffro, back up and running bro??

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.