Forum

Forum

What's happened to the site?

jarrodmac
Member #24,968

Num Posts: 1

Any ideas? Is Nate ok, and will the site be updated in the future? Also, is there any other site that hosts AC/DC bootlegs? THanks.....
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Nate is pretty busy at the moment as far as I know and what he stated on a few posts on the forum. He is a proud new father of a new ACDCian and with his jobs, his plate seems full. I know I am patiently waiting for the site to be updated, curious as to what it will look like. I do like to bring up since if Nate is busy, maybe he can authorize people like myself and a few others who contribute to add stuff because I have submitted tons of material months ago, but nothing has been posted with the exception of a few items, but I know I sent a lot. Nate, is there a way you can allow members to submit stuff eliminating the time you have to take to sort through everything? I am sure you are familiar with members who have contributed on a regular basis, and also if you could let members post under the BOTM section instead of having separate threads opened. Another idea would be to submit all bootleg links to one area (such as the BOTM) where one can click on a link and be sent to a page of shared boots. I noticed things have been slow here, but would like to keep this site appealing to others who are new and allowing regulars to post or contribute to Concert History. I am currently not going to submit anything more since I am not sure when you will get to the material which is why I am bringing up these ideas. Cheers and great post Jarrodmac ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Nate, forgot to add how about adding moderators here like other sites have? I would be interested in being a moderator here if you need to add some moderators to the site as other sites have which will help you out or if I could have access to submitting material to the actual pages like some items can be done. This way your inbox does not get flooded and people will not get frustrated when their stuff is not being shown for the hard work they do on getting the material which will help you out big time. Just sayin'
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,775

Hey guys I check in daily to make sure things haven't completely blown up, but don't normally get time to do anything fun. I work full time & have a busy family life and when I do have free time, I normally pick up extra web site work for a little extra money. Once I can make a dent in those projects, I'll be back on the site more. When I have some time here and there, I chip away at what's left on the new site. It's looking good, just taking way longer than it should. I'm hoping it'll be worth the wait. As for the BOTM & Give Aways, I'll try and get back in the swing of things. Since I haven't been posting, it's been great to see the level of generosity from everyone else sharing shows. I can't thank you guys enough for picking up my slack. Hopefully I can get back to contributing soon. Thanks for your patience.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I'm not dead in case anybody's curious LOL I am around, need to get back to the bootlegs I miss it, have been busy with the new job/finishing schooling. nitro will be back, nice to see some of you dudes are still keeping the place active. Oh, and nate- you are the man, not sure If I wished it when I first found or not,but just in case, congrats on the new child,wish you and yours well!
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

same here, new job takes up most of my time. and when I'm not working I'm too tired to do anything. lol haven't even been able to update my collection site let alone upload more pics, ticket stubs, ect, ect.to the concert history. keep on rocking everyone!!!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

@ Nate, still awaiting your response to my ideas. Is there a way you can let us submit ticket stubs, photos, etc. like you can submit YT videos? This will help you out since you sound busy and will save you lots of time sorting through everyone's submissions. Look forward to hearing your response. Cheers ;)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Also, it was brought up in the past, a certain area specifically for download links in one area, like the BOTM is set up where one can click on a link which sends you there? I know there are different areas set up now where you can request a show, provide a download link, or add to an existing incomplete show, but if there could be just one area for all of this so those who are new here can easily be guided with a link for shows they are looking for. Just throwing out some ideas which were addressed awhile back and some new ones for you to consider please. Thanks
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Nate, I know you check this site daily as you stated, guess you overlooked my posts regarding my suggestions/ideas which I know would make things easier for you. I have some new material I found including photos from past Bon Concerts, but will hold off submitting them since I am waiting for you to get caught up with the other submissions I sent in.
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,775

Didn't overlook it, just wanted to make sure I could give you a good answer. As part of the new layout, I already have most of a download section built. It will allow you to create entries for shows you want to share. They can be public or privately shared, so if it's public there will just be the links on the page. For private downloads, the user will have to click on a link to request the download links and they will automatically receive a PM with the info (basically what you guys do now, but you don't manually have to reply). The entries will be timed so they'll fall off the page after a month or so, and should also be searchable so you can find something quickly. I thought I had started something like that but couldn't remember for sure. Just went through the new layout again and found it. For automatically submitting concert info: I've thought about it a lot. there are a handful of members I'd give access to do it automatically to save time. That will be something I consider when I get to that point in the new site. At the very least, I would consider giving access to a few people to go through and approve/deny the submissions. I'm only hesitant because this can lead to bad information being approved (which I already have a lot of info on the wrong dates) or illegal that could lead to another lawsuit. So that's why I'm hesitant, but we'll see. Moderators are in the same boat. I just have to learn to trust some people, which would make my life easier. There will be a lot of new things with the new site, so there is a good chance these ideas will be included. Nate
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

1)"As part of the new layout, I already have most of a download section built" This sounds pretty good in regards to having a section for downloads set up and leaving the public/private status as it is now unchanged since this works good IMHO. Having something set up where one can search for a bootleg previously posted in one area would be awesome so that way we can check here first before making a duplicate post or one where the show was already posted by another member which sometimes happens by accident here which I have done myself, but try and check the forum first for working links or posts. 2)"For automatically submitting concert info: I've thought about it a lot. there are a handful of members I'd give access to do it automatically to save time" This kind of is the one that hits home for me since I submit photos, tickets, adverts, etc. mainly stuff for the Concert History section. I try to stay away from articles/clippings mainly because the unfortunate problems you had in the past, and I don't want that have to happen again and it is hard to decide what is right and what crosses the line, so no articles from me anyways just to protect the site. I try and double check any repeated material already submitted, and try and make sure dates and location are correct before submitting stuff, so hopefully I could have access along with a few others like Jesse who submits great material like photos from past gigs, but that is up to him. I am sure you have the ability to delete and correct anything which might have an error, since we are human and make mistakes. 3)"Moderators are in the same boat. I just have to learn to trust some people, which would make my life easier" I understand this fully and brought moderators up as more of some who could help you out since you are very busy and help keep things going smoothly here, and also to keep me in line at times!! lol! kidding. I know this site has been running for awhile and you never had any moderators, so you probably don't need any, just thought I would mention it with the new site coming and a lot on your plate, thinking of ideas to help you out a little so you can have any free time to spend with your family. ;) Thanks again Nate for taking the time and responding to my suggestions and also keeping us updated on the new site. sounds like it is going to be an awesome project and look forward to the new layout. Who knows, maybe by then we can be discussing about a new album/tour!! fingers crossed anyways. Cheers ;)
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

cool nate, all i can say is take your time, make the site the way you want too, don't rush. it would be an honour to be moderator, but i don't want to pressure you or anything. just let me know thanks
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

hey im around too juss built me a tower usin 3 towers to make one .. gonna share some dam good acdc soon ... jeffro an all the above .. good points good ta see all of ya ..... juss gimme some good acdc an a beer an im happy...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.