Forum

Forum

Back In Black Demos

hak2235
Member #26,006

Num Posts: 3

So I heard apparently a "What You Do For Money Honey" Demo with poor quality appeared and it had different lyrics and apparently it's Bon Scott's Voice. Now, I know this may have been talked about before, but do you think we will ever see an unearthing of Bon Scott Sessions of whatever songs He did ? Apparently there wasn't enough time for Bon to do any of the album tracks but I am still am baffled by the short time it took for BIB to be written after Bon's death. SO LET'S DEBATE.
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

Well tough debate...but here's what I think. There isn't any recordings of back in black, or jams sessions even with Bon at the time of back in black being produced. I've watched a documentary 'VH1's Behind the Music: AC/DC'. After they mentioned about the highway to hell album. They said that Bon got a call from the young brothers, the young brothers were eager to start recording the back in black album. But Bon said that he was going to come next week, so they agreed next week. But during (possibly) night, he went to have a drink at a local pub and from there, Bon tragically passed away. So the album wasn't recorded at all with Bon in it. I'm curious to know where you've heard about the 'What You Do For Money Honey' demo with apparently Bon it. About maybe, 2 or 3 years ago, there was a recording of a tribute band doing back in black but the singer had a similar voice to Bon. Everyone thought it was a demo with Bon, but it wasn't. I forgot the tribute band who sang it (lol). I highly doubt that there was any recordings at all with them, it maybe a tribute band trying to pull it off. I don't know... I'm quite surprised as well about how many months it took just to make an album that would be worth playing back and back again with the volume at 100 on your speakers. That's why it's my favourite album at all of them, brilliant lyrics that make you think...how the fuck can someone like Brian Johnson create songs like that. It's just amazing. But that's what I think anyway, maybe you could post a link to the article, I'm really curious to actually hear the demo. Here's a link to the behind the music documentary: http://youtu.be/lNLyQIi-Oc4 Cheers - Tom
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6BUbQD5EE Take My Heart Again (the "WDYDFMH" demo) It's, um, rough... Something I heard once was that Bon had a collection of lyrics that were unused that disappeared after he died.
hak2235
Member #26,006

Well, apparently in the booklet for the IRON MAN Soundtrack it says there's a drum track verison of HAVE A DRINK ON ME that was done by Bon Scott. And about the Demo Comment I made, I read people making that statement on other message boards so I thought perhaps this could be the secret place of where it's at. So yes I don't have article :( I think the mostly like thing is perhaps there is record songs that were mean't for a new album ( BIB )and then Bon DIED, and then the band decided to leave the songs alone.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, Bon played drums, so logic would state that he probably helped Phil and the Youngs figure out some rhythm parts to songs. If one of those songs was one that later would be used on Back In Black, that doesn't mean Bon "wrote" anything on Back In Black. I seem to recall hearing that Mal wrote the opening riff of Back In Black, but didn't really like it despite Angus saying it was good.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Here's what I've gathered over the years (and btw long time no see everyone); Bon had jammed with the group (or at least Angus & Malcolm) with some ideas for a new album - ON THE DRUMS. He never wrote any of the lyrics for the album, and whether or not the finished record we have has anything Bon concocted, such as drum parts, no one truly knows. This "jamming" mostly happened backstage during the Highway To Hell tour, before shows as warm ups and brainstorming. Whether or not the Iron Man soundtrack's statement of a Bon drum track for Have A Drink On Me exists, its sketchy at best, as I've seen credits wrong on official material before (I've seen The Razor's Edge with Phil credited on drums). But I do believe that's one of the songs I know Bon has jammed to. Hope this has informed anyone based on what I've heard. Cheers everyone!
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Hi everyone, I personally never thought they recorded these sessions they had with Bon on drums. The only real demo we have is 'Take My Heart Again' and I have heard many rumours about what happened to Bons notes or demos after his death. Cheers. Ps: Long time no see.
hak2235
Member #26,006

"Take My Heart Again" So wait, this is a completed Bon Scott Track/Demo that was mean't for what would of been next album/BACK IN BLACK ? What the life altering thing it would be if there was a BACK IN BLACK released with Bon Scott.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL JAMMING MATERIAL THAT THE BAND DID WITH BON [NOT 'BACK N BLACK' SONGS AT ALL,JUST A SIMPLE BAND JAMMING WITH NO LYRICS AND TITLE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] WERE RETURNED TO BON's PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MATERIAL OF 'BIB' IS FROM YOUNG/YOUNG/JOHNSON AND INCLUDES 10 NEW TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS FOR ''short time'' TIME FOR 'B.I.B.',THE BAND DID THE SAME WITH 'BLACK ICE' ALBUM RECORDING THE ALBUM JUST IN FEW WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK SAKE,STOP OVERRATING BON!HE'S DEAD!
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, if anyone helped out with lyrics on Back In Black the album it was the Youngs (and maybe uncredited help from Mutt Lange) just for the sake of trying to make a strong "out of the gate" record for Brian. I very seriously doubt that, unless it was something where the Youngs were just jamming with early "alpha" or "beta" versions of the riffs on one or two songs, that Bon ever heard anything for the record that would have followed up Highway To Hell.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I respect both Bon and Brian, but what we have regarding BIB is one of the most top albums by the band in sales and I for one enjoy this one, no matter who would have ended up singing on it. And Send4theman is correct that all material with Bon was given to his parents as it is stated in biography books and other articles out there.
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

I think Bon played drums on just jamming before Back in Black recordings started. Also, the line rock n roll aint noise pollution was Bon response to some guy - superintendent in one of the schools they played back in austrqlia. At the The best albums - Back In Black episode, there is statement from the AC DC biographer that he saw the line She told me to come but I was already there: She told me to come but I was already there...
marteau
Member #25,303

I think Bon played drums on just jamming before Back in Black recordings started. Also, the line rock n roll aint noise pollution was Bon response to some guy - superintendent in one of the schools they played back in austrqlia. At the The best albums - Back In Black episode, there is statement from the AC DC biographer that he saw the line She told me to come but I was already there: She told me to come but I was already there...
marteau
Member #25,303

anyway Brian wrote all songs on Back In Black - in respect for Bon and his parents. Also, they obviouslly wanted a fresh start, so they fly away and made the most selling rock n roll record ever - and it TO BON

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.