Forum

Forum

whats going on?

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

HELLo ACDCIANS! As long as I was updating ' today in concert history' section on 'ac/dc bootlegs' FB page I found an error [?]... I knew that ''back in black tour'' finished in 28 February [actually in March 3,1981 with canceled/postponed shows from February 22 & 23] 1981,in Australia. Also Donington August 22th 1981 was not from 'BIB' tour. So,in concert history are listed some tour dates from September 29,1981 to November 11,1981 [while the band was on studio recording the album 'for those about to rock',recording which begun as soon as ''Back In Black tour'' ended-there was a break from studio recordings as the band had to play at Donington's ''monsters of rock festival'' in August],but,''For those about to rock tour'' started in November 14,1981-according to official site... [...as here on acdc-bootlegs as well...] So can someone 'clear' this up? Is there a mistake [as long on concerts's tracklist/note given-except Newcastle's gig: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=864 ] or those show do 'exist'? [But in the other hand,how did the band record and tour in the same time?] cheers :)
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

** So,is there a mistake [as long as there are no concerts's tracklists/notes given-except Newcastle's gig on october 4,1981] cheers :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

You make a good valid point here bro, and I always thought this same thing all along since it is weird we do not have any bootlegs from any of these supposedly listed shows from 9/29-11/1/81. Until I see proof such as a ticket stub, advert, poster, or bootleg from any of these dates, I don't believe any of these shows took place either and they in fact took a break to record their 'FTATR' album during this time. After all, I don't know any band who would record a new album PLUS tour at the same time. Great post Send4man ;)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

I agree with shakedown! Don't see any proof so i think there were no concerts in this time. They played donington but then they worked hard on the album sometime too hard as it's said in ''Maximum Rock n Roll'' ;) So i don't think they did any concerts in that period of time ;) Great post boyo! Let's hear what othe rmembers think of that ;) Cheers mate!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I also checked H2ACDC's website, and no concert listings for this period as well and this site is a pretty accurate one when it comes to shows played and for collectors wanting info. http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/index.php?rubrique=concerts
adminane
Member #22,618

Num Posts: 18

I think it must be a mistake. check the dates for 1981 and 1982. exactly the same for Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Wembley..
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

so,we all agree that those dates are listed by mistake :) thnx for your help boyos :) cheers :)
Atlas
Member #817

Num Posts: 7

I think these dates had been planned and scheduled in first instance until they had been postponed / rescheduled due to delays in the recording process of FTATR. You may cross check this with the tour archives of ac-dc.net here: http://www.ac-dc.net/archives/category_tour.php?category_id=1&&subcategory_tour=11 Cheers!!
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

^^ good point here bro :) thnx to allo' ya ACDCIANS! 3:) cheers up :) salute you all :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.