Forum

Forum

BRIAN JOHNSON Says AC/DC Will Enter Studio In May

acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

Riff Raff,

Check out the Blabbermouth.net story that posted today 2/14/14.  Sweet!  Brian Johnson phone interview with Andy Preston of West Palm Beach, Florida radio station 98.7.  Finally getting back in the studio.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/brian-johnson-says-acdc-will-enter-studio-in-may/

Scotty from Detroit (acdc74)

Donnington 1984
Member #20,865

Num Posts: 35

or we could all promise to buy Now Let There Be Best Live Bull Clipped ...   .. can't they just get on and Tour!

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Not saying I don't want them to release a new album, because that would lead to the requisite touring, but I feel like the longer they go between albums (within reasonable lengths for a band of their age) the better...like Razor's Edge/Ballbreaker/Stiff Upper Lip pacing, around 4-5 years. It just allows them time to rest. I can't imagine how good Brian's voice would be for recording if he was touring like they did in the 80s. I also can imagine them getter burned out a lot faster and hitting the "retirement button" a bit sooner. Let's face it, they probably will retire some time around 2023, if not before then, leaving touring to the occasional one off and special TV spots for anniversaries of albums. The band has existed for four full decades in some form or another (according to Wikipedia, Nov 73 is when the band started).

I really foresee the band announcing some form of retirement in 2020, the 40th anniversary of the Back In Black album, putting out "one last album" (which is just code for, "If we want to record another album we will, but don't expect another album") and doing a tour in 2021-22, but very small in terms of dates, with the last concert happening in November or December, pretty close to the date of the first concerts they ever did. In 2025 they'd regroup for a larger "50 years of High Voltage" tour without an album (maybe a three to five disc "Ultimate Voltage: The Best Of AC/DC" set would be released) and then they'd announce the official end. I see this working as a strategy to save Brian's voice and stretching to the fiftieth anniversary of the band and the band's first two albums. With this, they could possibly have (counting the one they are supposedly about to start recording) two or three albums left.

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

awesome news. sounds as though brian is talking very seriously about this. would love to go to one of the 40 gigs.

trav: forward thinking mate! haha i struggle to think about what im going to do tomorrow, let alone think about what someone else is gonna do in 10 years time!

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

well....

keep yer breath acdcian boyos n gals :)

Jonna sound to serious on this one [as serious this for jonna would be taken hahaha]

so,lets wait for some more infos :)

cheers up

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.