Forum

Forum

'Electric Attack' 3 cd set February 4/5, 1981 Koseinen Kin Hall, Tokyo, Japan question

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Recently, our good friend Jeffro posted the Silver pressing cd FLAC of Saitama, Japan 2010 shows from the Diabolus Ex Machina label and I was curious to see if any of the Japan 1981/82 shows were available with the same great sound and I came across a rare limited bootleg cd set titled 'Electric Attack' which has both the February 4th + 5th 1981 shows in its entirety which also comes with a 12 page booklet:

http://cdmuseumpb.jugemcart.com/?pid=1050163

Does anyone have this and if so, could you upload a link? If the quality is anything as good as the Japan 2010 Silver cd set, this would be an amazing set to hear. It is a limited number set, so I have not seen or heard anything regarding this one ever before and came across this site which gives details.

Thanks in advance smiley

DCforlife
Member #26,090

Num Posts: 68

Are these both soundboard recordings? I know that one for the 5th exists (Shot Down In Tokyo) but what about the 4th? 

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Not sure, but think so. They are recorded by some Mr. Peach who has recorded a lot of good quality shows, many which sound as if they are soundboard. There are a few videos posted from each show on YT which were taken from this boot in particular which you can give a listen to, and they do in fact like soundboard quality, which since these are by Mr. Peach, I am assuming they are. Not 100% sure though.

If you check the Concert History section, the second night (2/5/81) was released on 'Back In Melbourne', 'Shot Down In Tokyo', and on the 'Lightning Over Japan' video, and the 1st show (2/4/81) was released on a titled bootleg 'Back In Black Tour 80-81'. However, on this 3 disc set it looks like YSMANL + TNT are missing, not sure why, but Nate's info from the Concert History section includes these two tracks on the circulated recording. There may be 2 diffrent recordings of this, possibly making this the soundboard, and the other lesser quality, but again just going by the info I have looked at.

Hope this helped, maybe someone can confirm this set is indeed a soundboad recording and if there were multiple recordings of both shows, particularily the February 4th show..

DCforlife
Member #26,090

Num Posts: 68

Thanks very much for the info; while I've been an avid AC/DC fan for nearly 5 years now I'm relatively new to the world of bootlegs. I think I have around 18 shows at the moment (all soundboard)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.