Forum

Forum

982-11-26-Nurnberg-AUD-Remaster

Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

hope yall are still collectin .. as i am still goin hard at it .. felt like sharin this.. enjoy this an the bonus i threw in there 2minutes of im a reble . accept version with bon drunk as hee ..... jeffro

Jeffro
Member #25,055

oops .. 1982-11-26

nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

Num Posts: 510

off the soul stripper boot lp i take it? ;-)

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Where did that I'm A Rebel recording come from? Is it legit?

Jeffro
Member #25,055

night prowler you are correct . right on the nose

mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

I got it in the Soul Stripper LP too. Is it the original? or just another cover? I've listened to it very carefully with my headphones and didn't find Bon's voice in the background. The guitars could be the young's
nightprowler1226
Member #3,537

Num Posts: 510

yes,it's the real deal with bon on background vocals. as for the youngs on guitar,no it's not, ac/dc & the youngs themselves had nothing to do with this recording what so ever

Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_Rebel_%28song%29

travishayes89
Member #8,722

You can't really trust Wikipedia on things like this.

I, for one, would like to believe the Great Book Of The Internet, but I also know nightprowler (as well as certain other members of the AC/DC fandom) probably has a lot more information about the recording than Wikipedia ever could.

It would be nice to get more, and more importantly, accurate information about the (commonly credited to) "AC/DC" version of I'm A Rebel as to what all went into it, but most of the people who would be able to give information are either very tight-lipped about it, very private individuals, or (especially in Bon's case) dead. Also, it would be nice to have a copy of the recording in at least a more mixed fashion. I am aware, however, that certain people who would probably have a copy of the track in a higher quality have made promises that forbid them from even letting others know it exists.

Ultimately, the unreleased demo of I'm A Rebel will probably, forever, stay that way. I mean, for about 30 years video game fans have long bought into the urban legend that Atari buried E.T. in New Mexico, USA. This year was finally the year they found where the games had been buried. Perhaps, given the idea that Malcolm Young may probably never record again, and that diehard AC/DC fans can be a rabid bunch, in about five or ten years, we'll see a treasure trove of AC/DC (and AC/DC related) recordings surface that will shine a light on many rumors that have existed within the fandom.

mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

So in summary, in order to clarify this issue, who plays each musical instrument in this I'm a Rebel?

- VOICE: Alex Young maybe???

- BACKGROUND: Bon Scott

- GUITARS: ???

- BASS: ???

- DRUMS: ???

Could you (people who thinks to know the answer) fill in the fields with your opinion?

Thanks a lot.

Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

@ travishayes89

you are right on this one but some facts on that wikipedia link are true. Years ago I talked to a well known german 'DC fan and he confirmed that Bon had a session in Hamburg/Germany back in 1976 or 1977 around that time period, while the boys were touring europe

What he couldn't tell me was if the rest of the boys were part of the recording but it's Bon for sure!

rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

The recording is the band Accept with Bon appearing on Background vocals. Accept only formed in 1976 so it would be safe to assume that their line-up at this stage was:

Vocals: Udo Dirkschneider (It's definitley early Udo in this recording)

Guitars: Wolf Hoffman & Gerhard Wahl

Bass: Dieter Rubach

Drums: Frank Friedrich

And then of course Bon appears on backing Vocals in this session, while he's quite low in the mix, he's definitley in there.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Oh yeah, I just listened to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ndJUCoFJc (well, part of it at least, enough to get a feel for the voice) and then the above linked mp3 file. It's definitely the same guy singing. And the "sound" of the band is awful similar and leans more toward the Accept sound I heard in the video than the AC/DC sound I'm familiar with (the guitars sound a touch too metal for AC/DC. not much...but just a touch...a touch too much...so to speak.).

metalsins
Member #4,039

Num Posts: 7

Is anyone able to re-up this?  Thank you in advance.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.