Forum

Forum

Band is back in the studio (except Mal)!

Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

It's official!

http://www.examiner.com/article/ac-dc-meet-vancouver-to-record-and-name-brendan-o-brien-as-producer

Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

ohh yeah, you can find pics of the boys arriving in Vancouver, BC/Canada right there!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ACDCfansnet/114978755219003

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Sad to think Malcolm won't be recording on this album, though. As fun as it is to listen to him on the 88 tour, I cannot forget that the riffs he is playing are Malcolm's. I would also think the band would not bother to go into the studio if they did not have a bunch of demo tapes Malcolm has recorded over the last 6 years. I wonder how the recording process will change with just Angus as principal songwriter, and not Angus and Malcolm playing off of each other and editing each other down to the absolute only must-need awesomeness of their usual riffage. Also, if Malcolm's not there, does that mean Brian and Angus will be picking up lyric duties, or will it be Brian alone?

Sadder still to think - if the rumours are true - is rock's greatest rhythm guitarist puttering around his home with a full-time nurse and suffering from dementia. Does he/will he even recognize his own band when he hears it on the radio or sees it on TV or the internet?

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I have those same thoughts about the country singer/guitar player/songwriter Glen Campbell...he was recently put in a nursing home. It's sad to think that someone who is considered such a legend in their field and has millions of fans that transcend generations and have other musicians who cite them as a massive influence on their personal styles can wind up being in a situation where there are strangers who know more about them than what they remember.

Donnington 1984
Member #20,865

Num Posts: 35

Jesus fuckin' christ - fuckin cheer up! doing this (potential recording) can't be easy, its not the first time the band have taken a difficult path, you want the album? then thats the course of action the group have chosen/had to take. But do we always have to go worst case scenario? perhaps these recent steps have been taken with the long term view Malcolm can/will return, jesus could we all stay reasonably upbeat for the man? please

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I agree Donnington 1984 and I could care less if we get a new album considering the situation at hand. What I do care is that their decision was made with due respect to Malcolm not being able to be a part of it, so I am sure they are taking all of this into consideration and I hope they hang it up after this album (although wish they had now that Malcolm is no longer part of it) since they are getting to the point where they need to think about therir health and enjoy their retired life with their loved ones instead of slamming their heads against the wall worrying what their fans will think if they donot release a new album or do a tour.

cheeky

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I don't know if we even need a full album. Just 2 or 3 truly great songs will do, if they do insist on going back in the studio.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.