Forum

Forum

Interesting story on Mike Andy-Former AC/DC Security Director

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

As some of you may know, I am a collector of adverts, press clippings, magazine articles, etc. and am always scouring the net looking for material on the band and came across a very interesting bio page on Mike Andy. For those unfamiliar with this wonderful man, he has been to 32 countries and has done security work for Belkin Productions and through a friend, his career really skyrocketed when he was security director for the 'Who Made Who' Tour. He also describes some stories of him and Angus including one where Angus was afraid to board a plane as he is a nervous flyer, and with tornado season in the Midwest, Mike went out of his way and drove Angus and his wife to their next venue destination.

Mike also has toured with the boys during the 'BUYV', 'Razors Edge', and 'SUL' tours and also recalls when he was in Europe during the 'Monsters Of Rock' 1991 Tour where he spent 3 days without sleep in Moscow, Russia. There are good times he recalls, along with bad ones such as the 1991 incident at Salt Lake City, UT where he was the one who pulled and tried reviving a female fan, but was unsuccessful. He has also been a tour manager for other bands such as Motley Crue, but there are a few photos of him and AC/DC during some of his tours on the web page with his bio. He currently is on disability suffering from Lupus unfortunately, but gets around and is thinking of writing a book. Wonder if we would see more backstage/concert photos and stories of his great times with AC/DC.

Thought I would share this web page with everyone, first time I came across it and was a very well written and interesting read. This guy surely has put hard work and time into his career with many bands, especially travelling to all those countries which is why he has many memorable stories he has shared.

Hope you guys enjoy this, I know I did!

http://www.stowsentry.com/news%20local/2013/08/18/thirty-two-countries-covered-in-former-stow-resident-s-rock-n-roll-career

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.