Forum

Forum

Golders Green Hippodrome 10/27/1977 uncut broadcast

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

requested by travishayes89

after a long week i finally got around to uploading this bootleg. This is the original BBC broadcast of this legendary show, and one of my personal favorites, quality is not superb, colors are a bit dark, but overall very watchable. I have this ripped in three different categoies, i ripped a rather large mpg DVD video, roughly 2.5 gigs, wanted to hold its quality as best as i could, the second option is untouched DVD which i may just share via torrent file, unless asked otherwise, and option three is the untouched audio rip, as request by shakedown ice

heres the tech details for whom it matters to

Video

ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Format settings, GOP : N=18
Duration : 41mn 28s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 7 974 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 9 800 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.770
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
Time code source : Group of pictures header
Stream size : 2.31 GiB (96%)

Audio

ID : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : DVD-Video
Duration : 41mn 29s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 38.0 MiB (2%)

i believe this is the same DVD that is on nates list

http://www.acdc-bootlegs.com/boots/boots_show.php?bid=2597&uid=1

also just in case anyone is still interested, I am offering a rare Australian flick with an all AC/DC soundtrack, a film I have never heard of my 10 years on the site, I think it is a must keep for us hardcore fans, especially being that it is something that never came to my attention until very recently. The 1982 fil "Tuff Enough" with a small cameo that looks to be Angus Young himself, have also uploaded that for those who would be interested in a link.

Here is the original post, was once offered as a torrent, now avaliable as a single link

http://www.acdc-bootlegs.com/forum/?messageid=41942

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Just PM for the links HAHAHA somehow forgot to mention that

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ Thanks much for taking the time on the uploads Imma_rocker, especially the audio rip. Much appreciated indeed yes

Cheerswink

imma_rocker
Member #8,405

you betcha! happy to help!

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

This is great. Sure, the picture (and occasionally audio) leave a lot to be desired, but it honestly is better than the "Rock Masters" DVD of the same show. Why? Well, first you have it the way it was initially seen by people, not in some weird clipped version. You also have it with the introduction, that has, for the first of two times (that I know of) where Pete Drummond is dumfounded at AC/DC. In Rock Goes To College he's trying to do the "proper announcer" thing and tell of what AC/DC is doing, but then the guys are like, we got a show to do here, "Thank you Peter!" This time, you have him wondering if the sound is meant to do that feedback thing.

RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

imma_rocker, Thanks for your time & work this is great to see the complete concert, i never saw the ending of TNT my vhs copy ended after the closing credits. I do have the Rock Masters DVD why did they chop up the end on TNT ? total time 39:00 we can see now the original broadcast was 41:30.

and with Rock Goes To College will we ever see the complete Live Wire

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I doubt we'll ever see the opening half of Live Wire from RGTC. Remember, this is the BBC we are talking about, they tossed out several episodes of the national treasure that is Doctor Who (look up Doctor Who missing episodes...pretty wild).

As for the cut up ending on T.N.T. on the Rock Masters DVD...I don't know why they'd chop it up post credits, but the editing to cover the credits is probably a dumb edit decision to remove the awkward fade.

waystedyears
Member #24,916

Num Posts: 5

Hi would love this link if poss

PromosANDConcerts
Member #39,201

Num Posts: 11

Me too! ^

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.