Forum

Forum

Good news from Brian Johnson?

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

http://loudwire.com/brian-johnson-very-likely-acdc-on-road-again-2014/

According to how Brian's talking, AC/DC might very well be touring this year. There were pictures where Stevie Young (Malcolm's replacement for part of the 1988 tour) was with the guys in the studio when they were up there earler this year. Perhaps they felt confident that he could, once again, step into the rhythm role for at least a touring perspective, and maybe even recording new music.

I imagine that, if, any new recordings were to be made, they'd probably do Malcolm the justice of at least running them by him first, as he's always been considered the brains. In one article I read, Angus said Malcolm was always a big help in him getting that tone he has.

I reckon that if the band does indeed hang it up in the next couple years, a final tour this year or next will be done just to say goodbye to the fans. Perhaps something a little bigger than the "40 shows" idea that was floated, but not quite as big as, let's say the Razor's Edge or Black Ice tours.

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Would be nice to get a chance to see the boys one last time before they hang it up. Hopefully they do a show here in Music City (Tennessee), maybe at Freedom Hall or Knoxville which is still close to me or one of the venues they normally play around TN. I know if they tour, wherever I go, I will plan on catching them on a high quality recorder which I will share here, that is if security does not swipe it from me if they are not allowed at where I will be taping!!

Sad to see how time flies and I can recall graduating from high school and getting my own place where me and my roommate always partied almost every night cranking up my stereo to tunes of AC/DC along with other bands back in the day. Sorry to see Malcolm is not doing too good, but my prayers are with him and like Travis said, it would be in good taste to run the tracks the band has down past him since after all it might (most likely, but miracles happen!) be their final album so this way he can add his thoughts and suggestions he may have to the guys regarding the songs giving it the final review.

Regarding if a tour will be in the works, if it is then awesome, but if not that is ok as well. If I had to give my thoughts on what the tour would consist of, I would also think it would go out with a BIG bang, with possibly a mix of some new tracks obviously from the new album, but maybe with some never played before classic tracks with my pick for the encore song 'Ride On' which would attribute to remembering Bon as well as a farewell to the boys on their last tour for all the historic material they gave us over the years. I know we will always have tribute bands like Hells Belles playing their music we can enjoy listening to, but the guys will be missed and I know I definitely will always be cranking their tunes and enjoying one of the most inspirational bands we have come to known.

Thanks for the post Travis, nice to see yes

Donnington 1984
Member #20,865

Num Posts: 35

Regards news on a tour i just heard from someone whose always got information - AC DC will only ever play gigs in Scotland from now on... they can't be arsed playing where you can't smoke, in Scotland you can smoke and drink in schools, at the doctors, in church ...anywhere you fancy.

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

definately good news. looking forward to it. thinking getting tickets for a gig aint gonna be the easiest of things! im suspecting it wont be a huge tour

Donnington 1984
Member #20,865

Num Posts: 35

relax, tickets shouldn't be a problem. A source close to the band states they'll play the Usher Hall Edinburgh for as long as people keep turning up...  no drama

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.