Forum

Forum

PHIL RUDD's solo album! [?]

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

''A news that will be a nice surprise for all fans of AC / DC: "Head Job" is the title of drummer Phil Rudd's solo album,out August 29th''

http://www.acdc-italia.com/phil-rudd-album-solista/

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Do you think it would be better than the new DC album? I gamble a 60-40 chance that it would be better.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I don't know. I'm kind of looking forward to hearing the new AC/DC album. It's going to be different...somehow.

It may be Malcolm's riffs, it may even be Malcolm's words, but the feel will be different somehow, the choices made as to how to play a riff or how not to play a riff...

Something will be different...

And as much as it breaks my heart to know that there will probably never be an awesome Malcolm riff again, it also excites me to see what Stevie has to bring to the mix...

I won't lie - I freakin' love those boots from 88 with Stevie on guitar and Simon Wright on drums. Stevie's forward drive and Wright's Bonham-sounding drumming just gave AC/DC another angle of awesomeness that they never would have experienced - or expressed - if Phil Rudd hadn't left and Malcolm hadn't taken a break to get over his alcoholism.

You know what would be cool on the next tour? To hear Phil play "Meanstreak" and "Shake Your Foundations" from the years he was away. I'd like to see how his awesomeness affects those great Wright-drummed songs...

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

@ Sap

nah,I dont think so.

not AC/DC,so I dont think will be better...

@ RNRD

well,yeah would be great to hear some 'new' tunes and numbers on AC/DC gig beside the commercial songs for commercial fans,you know...

and I think that the ac/dc mid-tempo stuff [meanstreak,furor,send for the man,some sin for nuthin etc] would sound and will fix better in their shows...and ofcourse would be more 'relaxing' for the old ages hahaha

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

If we have another album like BI, I gamble a 90-10 chance Phil's solo work would be better than the new album.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.