Forum

Forum

probably the dumbest question asked.....

southmen21
Member #23,298

Num Posts: 63

hey everyone. i finally had time to go through my ac bootleg collection which is about 9 dvds of mp3s. at the beginning i had a lot of time to organize and fix up typos and spelling errors and anything else that was wrong with the downloads. i cant do all that work again so can someone who has experience with this issue please tell me the easiest way to sort out this horrible mess. many songs have no titles or track numbers and are in complete dissaray but i want everything to be catorized by year location and so on. any help will be thankful or is there software that would help with this, anything guys and gals. :)

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Foobar2000 has a pretty good tagger that can derive tags from filenames and clipboard information. There's also mp3tag and Winamp (have to search for the download link of Winamp right now). I believe mp3tag supports filename tag synthesis as well.

As long as the software supports filename/clipboard synthesis of tags, you'll be in a great position, but it's still heavy on the manual side. When it comes to bootlegs, audio ID taggers are of no use, but they are pretty much automatic.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.