Forum

Forum

portland 3rd may 1988

acojeman
Member #25,767

Num Posts: 199

hi, i've reuploaded the portland show again for someone, so if anyone else wants it here's the link

http://www.4shared.com/rar/RTGN6vNuba/1988-03-05_Cumberland_County_C.html

i read on another post it's a bad recording, it's not the best but doesn't sound too bad to me, but  my ears are pretty screwed. anyway good to be back on the board, but where the hell is everyone?  oh the venue is the cumberland county civic center. also this was the first gig stevie young did with the band. 

cheers people

jeffro where are you buddy?

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

The bitchin will commence after the new album. I'm personally work work swim swim drink drink flack flack, can't say that i haven't done my share for the site so am laying back a little so i can start the usual complains when the album( + singles + limited promos that you can buy  + will never release a best of (ahahha good one Mal) + gigs that 12 yearers wearing lady gaga t-shirts wil show up + sapatorium eneticom) emerge.

(not that i really care about the album but we gotta have a specific point of tention in the site for these special events).

But ye i kinda miss the old days here and i mean pre 2009 days, before the sell out.

acojeman
Member #25,767

yeah sapator, looking forward to the bitchin' starting, and i dunno if it's worth uploading here 'cause most of the oldtimers have most of the recording they want, pity it was a good site, but it will be again when the album and tour start. after that i don't wanna think about.

Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

im here an im around .. still going hard at it . workin with nate on video projects.. im on the site everyday .. coolectin vinyl . ect . i also started to trade shows at your choice for acdc memerobilla . vinyl juss about anything acdc

acojeman
Member #25,767

hi jeffro, when i wrote that i hadn't emailed you yet, anyway good to see some people still on, i'm trying to think of something rare to upload but i know you'll have it already, in the next few days i'll start uploading some shows, any requests?

sapator
Member #210

Yeah, a beatiful blonde with big boobs please.

acojeman
Member #25,767

what adress do you want her delivered to saptor? jeez i'm pissed, can you believe i'm in a western australian town and nobody gives a shit about bon or dc, what's wrong with these people?

any australians on this forum? why do most people here not care about this band? i love you people and i love this country but i don't understand why nobody i know here even knows acdc, whjat's going on?

sapator
Member #210

Am thinking of coming down there to get it myself, and stay there, if the crisis get's me too.

Why do you want popularity for the band?

That was the end of the band anyhow (Sony). I was perfectly fine in Greece minding my own bussiness, getting used that only a handfull of people knew DC and suddently every little prick knows AC/DC, their favorate song is Black Ice or Thunderstruck at most and they think that Brians Voice should be replaced with a more melodic singer , or the Hot Blond that i ordered (acoj!!?) and go on tour with Madonna,

So i prefer(ed) that no one knew what the hell is AC/DC, other than the power supply.

Also another reason was the cheap CD promos. I mean i could just get the most rare at 50$ and now everyone is a collector (jeez), fortunatly they collect all kind of retarded CD's still. Someone from the forum got a best of BS the other day, proly though it was a good collecting item but is a BS, (no offence to you).

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

I'm here cobber!

acojeman
Member #25,767

hi sapator, it's not that i expect or want popularity for the band, but at least recognition for what is the most successful band to ever come out of this country, you don't have to like them but know they're still going. maybe it's just where i am, a little country town in western australia ( ie the middle of nowhere) maybe in the cities and other places people are more clued in. but you're right those people who say they're big fans and then say " what was that black album called again?, i liked that" annoying.

and hi hawksboy, when i said i was pissed, i wasn't pissed off, i was drunk pissed, so i hope no one thinks i was having a go at the aussies, defo not. i'd just got back from the pub and i'd said about doc neeson dying, most people didn't know who he was, bloody shame. so then i asked what they thought about acdc, younger people hadn't a clue who i was talking about, the older people thought they'd split years ago in the 80s. only 4 or 5 people knew them. unbeleiveable.

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

ha fairo mate. i know the reason: these young people are growing up listening to modern bands, when in fact, they are just people making noise on a computer. cant stand this new age shit. its so different to the tunes of the 70's-80's etc. those were the years when 'real' music was made. you cant say that for todays 'artists'.  

by the way, stumbled across a compilation of some real music today. particularly interesting for aussie fans or fans of aus music. some dc, flash and the pan, easys, angels etc on there:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/rock-pop/good-times-celebrating-50-years-of-albert-productions/607402/

sapator
Member #210

80's music had also lame band but not as lame as today's bands, talking about non rock-metal bands.

Anyhow, the last few days i listen to this before i go to sleep and then headbang in my pillow, so will leave you with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1xDNrYTSo

kayoleo
Member #689

Num Posts: 1

thanks

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.