Forum

Forum

An opinion, Privacy, Press and a Brotherhood.

Donnington 1984
Member #20,865

Num Posts: 35

We all have a strong link to ac dc what they stand for & what their music says about a mutual appreciation for beer,fuckin and fighting.

I've been listening to this band since 1981 when i spent my bus fair home on a copy of Back In Black.

There has always been a similiar ethos within people i've met at gigs, at record fairs, conventions and tribute shows.

I think its shit people are asking really personal stupid questions about Malcolm, anyone knows the band are "tight lipped" when it comes to media & after the handling of Bon's passing can anyone blame them?

I won't ever stop listening to albums like LTBR Powerage, FTATR & FOTS because they show a side to the band and what they stand for, but it is their music that they want us to share. Not their personal life.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

well said bro

salute you!

Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

i agree . well said i pay no attention to these thousands of no it all acdc groups on facebook . i continue to collect my acdc an i collect it hard . bootlegs vinyl ..an i wait for the ablum an tour . i really dont think it my bizz to know whats rong with malcome until the band feel's its my bizz . jeffro

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

As much as I respect the band's decision to remain quiet about the situation with Malcolm, I can't help but think that, if a tour does happen, especially one without him, that their quietness will turn into a distraction for the rest of the guys.

I think what will ultimately be best, if they do a tour, or at least do a radio promo tour for the new album, is that they release a press statement through their website that, going into as many or as few details as they feel comfortable, explains what is up with Malcolm, who Stevie Young is, and if the band intends to call it quits after this album/tour just to avoid having to hear those same questions in every city.

There's a reason I prefer to see an athlete announce a retirement at the beginning of the season instead of the end, it's a way of saying "This is the last tour, we are not planning on doing anything else after this. That being said, we want the focus of this tour to remain on the music, as that is what the fans want and that is what we want to give them."

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.