Forum

Forum

AC/DC's Facebook page acknowledged Dave Evans

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

On the official Facebook page, someone connected to AC/DC has acknowledged and linked to the (in)famous video of Can I Sit Next To You Girl with Dave Evans on vocals.

The post states:

"This is the promotional video for the 1974 'Can I Sit Next to You' single, featuring original lead vocalist Dave Evans. While Dave did a fine job, and it's a great song no matter who's singing it, it's amazing what a difference a frontman can make."

And the video linked is from YT user nzoz1974:

It's kinda interesting. In all of the offical documentation on the band's websites, they've NEVER said anything about Dave or any of the other originating members (and scarcely make a mention of Mark Evans' time in the band). Could there be a potential for a CD/iTunes release of the Dave Evans recordings to surface through Sony's channels?

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I don't think this is the first time this gets out, I have it somewhere and it was at least 4 years ago when i got it.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

That's cool that they have finally acknowledged that early part of their history. They may not be proud of it, but we all gotta start somewhere. Hell, there was a time when I had to work at mopping floors and mowing lawns.

Let's hope they continue down this open path and we see some more honest, awesome releases moving forward.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.