Forum

Forum

Any update on Phil?

SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

So the AC/DC Facebook page posted two photos of the band today and Phil is not in them at all. I know he left for that family emergency back when they filmed Rock or Bust, but has anyone heard any more updates on his absence? I hope it's nothing permanent before the tour...
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

yeah I saw that pic,wait!..two pix? only one pic wasnt?

btw,I think those pix were from the videoclip shooting and phil wasnt there cuz he had to flight back in NZ nd thats why he didnt appear in video and pix promos. dunno nothing else,but if rudd is out than 'DC MUST CUT THE MUSTARD...

SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

You're right it was just one it was just posted in two different places my bad.  That's what I was hoping, that it was taken there, and I'm trying not to let the "Phil is out" rumors get to me...  I agree with you, if he is out then that doesn't look good on a tour 

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Some people might say that, if Phil is on the fence, or actually if Phil is indeed out of AC/DC, they might be trying to keep it hush. Someone said Brian didn't really sound too sincere when he announced Phil's absence at the video shoot.

Granted the possibility the picture was a promo picture from the Rock Or Bust shoot day, it might just be that he indeed had a family emergency, but I'm not going to hold my breath on AC/DC announcing anything. We kinda knew Malcolm was out and battling an illness before the website and Facebook page ever said anything. Didn't Dave Evans of all people say something about Malcolm's illness?

OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Num Posts: 65

And they changed the Band-Member Info on Facebook. Phil ist still a member and Malcolm's not.

It's sad to see that they kicked him out on a official site, so it's so real that Malcolm is no longer part of the Band!

I think he should be always a part of it, in any way! Otherwise, it honors Stevie, who helps out. (And that's what he is doing, nothing more...)

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

@ travis

yeah that jonna's announcment about phil's departure from the videoshoot as soon as he arrived in london its kinda strange [I really was like 'hmm jonna is talking bullshit again and he gonna end-up his speech with this shitty book release and this stupid car show serieson tv!'' I really dont give any 'serious ear' to jonna's announcments anymore...],but those ''Some people might say that, if Phil is on the fence, or actually if Phil is indeed out of AC/DC'' ppl are talking from a 'source' or are they bulshitting again?

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

What I was kinda quoting was a Chrome auto-translate of the Highway To AC/DC forum...some of the people didn't seem to be too convinced that Phil left because of family emergencies. According to something over there, Phil's drum tech said Phil would be on the tour, but that's just the drum tech. Maybe he was speaking in a manner of "I hope I have a job this tour" since I would guess Bob Richards, if he was to be the drummer on the tour, would likely have his own tech.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

oh ok,thnx for the info bro \m/

but lets wait and see,I think is better this way...smiley

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Yeah, I smell bullshit with the whole, "out on a family emergency" line...

So, a few possibilities:

1. Angus is mad that Phil put out a solo album, although:

a. He could not have not known Phil was doing that, so he'd be searching for a reason to kick him out in that case. Also, what was all that in the past about "Phil has the right groove for the AC/DC sound..."

2. Angus took Phil's somewhat comical comment that, "AC/DC will never retire as long as Angus is alive. There could be only one of us left and AC/DC would keep going," as a personal attack against him and threw him out.

3. The rumours that Phil and Stevie don't get along are true, so Phil's out.

All or none of the above...

Or maybe he really did have a family emergency, although that is problematic that he's not included in the band photo on FB.

And speaking of the band photo, who knew there was a Young even uglier than Angus and Malcolm? Wow, Stevie makes the rest of the band look like a pretty-boy boy band!

But, hey, I like his work on the 88 tour and I think he sounds fantastic on the two new tracks I've heard, both of which are universes better than almost everything on Black Ice.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

do know RNRDamnation bro,these possibilites its kinda science movie like...
but if rudd is out too,than the band's over,for me.

no brain,no backbone,no ac/dc!

as for the new songs and the entire album as well,well....theye arent [and never will be] better than any other ac/dc album as long as the gretsch firebird its in wrong hands [Im not taking anything from stevie,but he's and no-one will/can be Malcolm,like it or not!]

ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

so if you guys haven't heard about today, he got arrested again for fighting with someone outside a coffee shop. I think it's time to put a fork in Phil and say he's done with the band. Even if he doesn't go to jail for this, I dont think Angus would want him in the band after all the drama he has caused. 

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^^ I agree, screw Phil. He has always had a drug problem which was his choice, no one else's fault but his own, but don't take the band down with you. His reputation is tarnished, and the band should not have to stoop to his low life level. Band is better off without him IMHO.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.