Forum

Forum

SPECTACULAR!!!!! Thanks AC/DC

mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

IMO the best r&r album they 've released since the beginning of the 80's. Perfect from the first to the last note. I didn't like SUL, neither BI. I had lost my faith in AC/DC and now suddenly they come with this fantastic LP. I feel myself really happy!!!! Thanks a lot!! :-)
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

[sorry but this goes (and make sense) only in greeks:]

υπαρχει σοβαρο προβλημα...

cuz if you saying that the gay ones 'play ball' ,'sweet candy' & 'emission control' are greater than 'rnr dream','war machine' or 'safe in NYC' and 'sul' then yes...there's a very,very serious problem....

ROB is a good rocking album but like it or not the band reached to this 'fantastic LP' step by step aka 'ballbreaker','sul' and 'bi'....

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Pick in my girl tonight, everything is going to be alright, scoobe doo with my friends smoking cigaretovits?

WTF!!!?? Oh Lamer be my guide!

I must admit thought i thought the tracks will go like this on a 10 outta 10 scale, 5,4,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,3,2 . So it's kinda 5,3,3,3,4,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2 .

Still can't get over the scoobe doo thing tho.

Ok 2 more things and i'm out of mocking.

The best album they released since the biggining of 80's was "The 3 little pigges goto chaviar and myths". That's a more legit statement than the original one i believe.

To people that mocked me and said bad things about me and made my cry secretly in my bed. Don't hate the Sapator hate the Sapator!

Ok that's about it for the new album, unless i read that this is better that Poweage or something.

Edit. Also the first time i fast forwarded a DC album. Took me about 5 minutes to listen then deleted.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

well,Sap bro 'baptism by fire' and 'rock the blues away' are my fav trx of ROB.

'rtba''s lyrics,maybe for many ppl,are kinda 'nonsense' but for me are funny ones.

I dont want from the lads to write political or serious lyrics about saving the planet and shitty stuffs like that cuz as Jonna once said ''we're not here to save the world!we're to rock n roll!'' and thats rock n roll is about:

booze,sex,fun and RNR [including this 'scoobe do' stuff-guess this one means something like fun or crazy things to do,like the cartoon which is far the best one along with looney tunes! hahaha]

as I said earlier I fucking loved this album!

now sorry,but the 'online cam-girls' are ON so...

gonna have some fun and RNR!

thank GodLemmy for cybersex! hahahahaa

cheers,acdcians!

cheers

suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Wow, I'm really impressed. After Black Ice I wasn't expecting anything good but there are some really cool riffs on here and much better songwriting overall. They've got their groove back. Seriously, the riffs remind me of their '80s material. Very Blow Up Your Video-esque, right? Brian sounds more gritty like he used to and the production is much better than BI. Also, despite being light on solos, Angus sounds awesome using the old Schaffer-Vega again. I think maybe they were energized by their adversity just like on BIB.

My only complaint is that a lot of the choruses are just: (Song Title) Riff (Song Title) Riff. Brian got a bit lazy there.

My favorites are Rock the Blues Away, Miss Adventure, Hard Times, Sweet Candy and Emission Control.

I wouldn't say its their best since the '80s though. Ballbreaker was a classic album, hands down. SUL was cool and bluesy, despite a little filler. BI was pretty bad though, the only song I really liked was Money Made. I would put ROB about equal with SUL, maybe a little lower until I give it more spins.

Also, I will change my signature because I now know that they weren't changing the setlist on the BI tour because Malcolm was struggling to remember even the hits. It makes so much sense now though, because they played a bunch of interesting stuff on the SUL tour and especially the 2003 tour and then literally only added one or two songs on the next tour.

BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

I'm not sure where you guys heard "scoobe doo with my friends." He's very clearly saying "shootin' pool with my friends." 

He's at a local bar.... playing pool (billiards)..... Nothing strange about that.

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

You've just been Sapatored!!

BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

Haha, I don't think I was. Maybe the other guys that believed you were though.   blush

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.