Forum

Forum

rock or bust

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

got the vinyl today. a few things: the vinyl ($47) comes with the cd too, but is just in a white paper sleeve, it is not in a digipak like if you were to buy it off the shelf. there is also a booklet, and at first sight, i thought, shit, phil looks young with no baggy eyes etc - then i remembered that they are old pics - id say from black ice era!! ha. also, tell me if i missed something, but there is no mention of alberts of the record at all, just columbia. i must have missed it, when did that happen???? alberts have been there right since the start????i thought some lyrics would have been nice, but i guess it'll be on the website soon.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

they left 'Alberts' since the middle of 70s ,I think when they signed for Warner,Atlantic,then came this Atco,then EastWest and finally [since 2003 when ac/dc's falldown like 'hall of Shame'  and stupid merchs - 'usa for the marketing' begins] Sony [columbia its Sony's division]

...also, humanity suffered two [officially] world wars,US keep selling more guns and 'pride' in the name of anti-terrorism war,USSR's communism falls from 'pizza hut' and 'coca cola' and was replaced by capitalism [aka democracy,like we call it here in Grease...eeeer I mean Greece-a land who ppl still praise the ancient ones instead of grabbing life right from the balls and live it up to the maximum!] which is killing the same way like cummunists did....

what else...hmmm oh yeah,the humans are heading for Mars planet...

...so go back to your own world and rock on brother,its the best you can do man. trust me!

cheers from Coco's planet!

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

all aus issues have been on alberts right up since BI

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

yeah,I know but Alberts was only for australia,new zeland I think.

worldwide labels were the mentioned ones.

I sold all my sony and other labels's releases and Im,still,looking ONLY FOR ALBERTS RELEASES!

so if there any chance to have 'DC's album right from there?

I mean,are Alberts ac/dc releases still available in australia or sony rules over there too :(

cheers

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

so my question still hasnt been answered then.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

ask sony they'll answer....

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^^ FUCK FUCK FUCK

SONY

cool

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey Hawksboy!  Strange about the Alberts logo missing from the album.  Go to the website, www.albertmusic.com and they are still all over the site.   Obviously they are still linked to Alberts but why it's not mentioned on the cover is anyone's guess!  What a cool album!  Now we've had a chance to live with it for a few days, how is everyone feeling about it??  It's short, sharp and punchy!!  Is it better than Black Ice??  I think Black Ice's few best songs may be better than Rock Or Bust's best but this one is no filler for sure!!  It's a real old school 70s style short album!  I'm loving Baptism By Fire and Emission Control.  I got the vinyl and it's cool to think of a new album as Side A and B.  I'm thinking Side B is just a bit better!  I think the only complaint I would have is the verses in Rock The Blues Away being the exact same melody as Anything Goes.  Angus is on fire, Stevie sounds just like Mal, Phil is better than the last couple of albums, Cliff is really funky and Brian sounds great!!

I'm a life long AC/DC fan, have been into the band since day one when I was about 6!  This is an album to make any fan really happy, I think.  Hope everyone is enjoying it!!

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

i just checked and i think the khunts from jb hi fi are selling the international version (columbia), not the alberts. im goin in to town tomorrow to see if i can get an alberts one. is yours on alberts FoundatoionShaker???

Yeah, i think side B is better, just! but who gives a shit, theyre acdc, and to be honest, i like anything they put out!!! the new lp is a cracker!

mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

Say better than Black Ice? :-):-) Rock or Bust  is the album I most like since Back in Black ;-)

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Hey Hawksboy.  My vinyl has no mention of Alberts either.  I got it at JB as well.  I'm not sure if there would be an Aus version of the vinyl.  If you go to JB again have a look at their version of the cd and see if Alberts is mentioned on that.    

Mathius, that's great you like it so much.  I've played it heaps but not sure where I'll end up ranking it.  Pretty highly though.  I'm playing it twice day and loving it!  I think maybe it's a fair call to say it's better than Black Ice.  But if you picked the best 35 minutes of Black Ice then compared that with Rock Or Bust, which would win??  Haha! 

I'm wondering if, because of the shortness of the album, if there's any leftovers this time, like we got with Cyberspace.

XXXSYDNEYXXX
Member #2,755

Num Posts: 35

Hawksboy / Foundation Shaker  , i also pre ordered the 7inch from JB HIFI under the impression it was on alberts label , it's not ...
they have since changed details it to the columbia label .i  saw a rock or bust cd that said says Alberts on the cd face , but
still nothing with the vinyl .

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

i emailed (the local jb store) them early last week and all they could say was that they are sorry. they ordered stuff in, but didnt have enough of alberts so they got in columbia stuff. that was a shit response so i emailed to the online support guys at HQ saying i wasnt happy that they falsly advertised something, and wheter if i ordered online now that i could be guaranteed alberts products...still no reply.  im not really happy with them. they advertise something and (from a collectors point of view), you get a very different product. (if) the alberts vinyl and 7" exist, they will probably become a rare item. i havnt seen a single one anywhere - online or in store. by the way, the only alberts rock or bust item i have managed to get is the cd - thats fairly easy to do i think, lots of people sell it.

i think i should email them again. im still not flammin happy.

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Well fuck all this speculation ... I've just emailed Alberts to ask if they can tell me if it's available.  I'll post as soon as I get a response!

I saw that Redeye Records in Sydney have the vinyl listed with a different barcode to the one I got at JB but googling that number still only comes up with Columbia as the label. 

Album debuted at No. 1 in Australia.  Fuckyeah!!  The boys have still got it.  I'm loving this album and playing it every day. 

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

good onya. good thinking. cheers

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

And here it is!!

"Hello, hope all is well

Many thanks for the interest in Alberts logo.  AC/DC release for the world excluding Australia and New Zealand are handled by Columbia.  The vinyl (being expensive to manufacture) is imported into ANZ so packaging / labelling remains the same as rest of the world.  The CD was manufactured in Australia and has had the art work modified to include Albert Productions.

Hope this helps clear up any mystery and enjoy the album

Cheers"

That was quick and hopefully helpful to all!!!

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

thanks for getting to the bottom of that mate. i was pretty curious. a bit disappointing really - that means there is not really any collectible aus only releases for RoB, but oh well, its a kick ass album and its great to see the boys making music still.

thanks again

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.