Forum

Forum

Phil Rudd Wants His Job Back

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

http://www.radio.com/2014/12/22/acdcs-phil-rudd-wants-his-job-back/

Hopefully the band has enough sense to tell him he is DONE!! Nothing left for this poor soul but to sit back and get sober and get off the drugs which made him this way. Maybe after a year if he stays clean and can show his priorities are indeed in order not only with himself, but with the band that made his fame, then there may be a decision of his future with the band.

I say bring back Chris Slade, oust Phil "the ruckus" Rudd!!

Dunkel
Member #27,078

Num Posts: 2

if he does his job why not? but for me chris s would also be my next choice. his drumplay was so powerfull ...

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Even though he might still be able to play like the Phil Rudd of the past, at least in a studio setting, you have to worry about if his conduct off stage will be hinderance to the band. He was over a week late to the recording of the album. A WEEK! Will he be able to be counted on to actually be able to deliver in a concert setting? Will he be able to be counted on to even be there when the concert is supposed to start?

Orelob
Member #25,097

Num Posts: 63

"you have to worry about if his conduct off stage will be hinderance to the band."

I DO? 

The following Message is not of a bootleg nature:

Meditation 'Just For the Rest of 2014'

"Such a worry shall not dim the ray of hope the rest of us can share,

in seeing Old Groovey Back in Black"    

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Unfortunately we aren't in the 70s anymore where a rock & roll musician being arrested on drug and disorderly conduct charges is more or less expected. Also, a band not being able to play a show because one of their musicians is sick is one thing. Them having to cancel a couple shows because a member has been arrested leads to pissed off fans, pissed off fans don't buy merch and music, pissed off fans demand their money back on tickets, pissed off fans might not see another show the band performs.

Enough pissed off fans money not being spent catches the attention of the label who starts to demand the band make changes or be dropped. At this stage in AC/DC's history, I don't see them getting dropped, but I do see the label refusing to release anything as long as "that problem" is still part of the band. Sony wouldn't have released the album if they didn't think it would sell, it did, enough to debut at #3 in the Billboard 200.

Meltdown MQ
Member #25,881

Num Posts: 34

If Phil Rudd is replaced (*sigh* again), I think Bob Richards has the job. It's like the Flick of the Switch-era when Simon played on the music videos but not on that album. I think Phil's done.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

I think Angus said everything he needed to say on the subject when he said somewhere on the internet (I can't find it anymore):

"Phil had a choice about his future, Malcolm did not."

My vote is to bring Chris Slade back. He was a helluva drummer and it would be a classy move on the part of the band to call him up and offer him his job back.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.