ei$i/di$i

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

http://www.grammy.com/

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Wow! I think now that Angus is effectively the band leader and decider, he's doing a lot of the things that maybe Malcolm didn't want to do.

Can you imagine a Malcolm-led AC/DC playing the Grammys? No, not even close. I think they even made quite a few statements over the last 30 years as to why they wouldn't play award shows - ie - celebrity, etc...

That (and old age) may also explain why they're much more open to playing more festival dates, too. Who could imagine AC/DC at Coachella or Glastonbury (not yet announced) before now? Monsters of Rock, yeah, that makes sense. Download? Well, it's just Donington renamed, so sure. But Coachella?

The AC/DC brain trust has changed and the new leader is stretching out a bit...

SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

DISCLAIMER: probably JUST A RUMOR.....

But is acdc-italia reporting something about Simon Wright filling in behind the kit? My Italian is basically limited to "Inglorious Bastards" status so maybe someone else can help me out with this article...?

http://www.acdc-italia.com/acdc-live-ai-grammy-awards-con-simon-wright/

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

That seems to be the case. I popped the text into Google Translate and it read, Simon Wright in LA.

It makes sense in terms of comfort with rhythm. If Stevie Young was comfortable playing with Simon Wright in 1988, they can likely find their groove again, despite the 20+ years that have passed since then.

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Anyone know who is filling in as drummer at the Grammys? Curious to see who will be performing. Hopefully Chris or Simon.

Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

simon

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Thanks Coco!!!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.