Forum

Forum

grammys

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

awesome to see the boys back. gave me goosebumps watching them again. stevie and chris was good, with his trademark drums to his sides back, but was it just me or did highway to hell feel really slow, drum-wise? a bit of a change from the fast hitting we are used to. brians still got it, but when they were panning to the crowd, that was cringe-worthy. its the first time a lot of those people in the room would have heard acdc before im sure, and the first time theyve heard real music! everyone pretending to enjoy it haha. if anyone has a full video of the boys in good quality, could you please share the link?

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

The show hasn't aired yet in my time zone but I'll try to get a good quality recording when it comes on.

Dean
Member #1,077

Num Posts: 83

Yeah i also thought HTH was played a bit slow, strage considering they used to play the songs faster with Slade on drums.

Good quality videos at the billboard website, but for some reason ROB isn't complete.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/grammys-2015/6465582/watch-acdc-rock-highway-to-hell-at-the-2015-grammys-with-chris

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Yeah, I compared it to the Live album version and the River Plate version and it's more in line with the RP version. It also seemed slower than the Live album version overall, not just the drums. Perhaps we'll see the songs speed up in the tour, perhaps they'll stay at the slightly slower pace. I imagine Stevie is still getting his legs under him (it's been over 20 years for him playing live with three of the other four guys, and Angus and Brian were a bit snappier back then), and the band as a whole is getting their legs back.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

EDIT: TheACCDDoctor's link is below...it's much better than the one I posted.

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sNZNT235AINTJZdVJVNjA3V2M/view

There's a video clip and FLAC audio files in the same folder. I recorded the original video onto a DVD directly from TV in high quality. Enjoy guys! -- Doc

travishayes89
Member #8,722

I gotta say, the more I watch it, the more that "stick in the mud" guy cracks me up. He is not into the performace AT ALL!

Dave Grohl is being Dave Grohl in the back during Highway To Hell...but did we really need to see Lady Gaga doing...whatever it was she was doing?

suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Maybe Angus started it slow as a hint to Chris, lol.

Brian nailed Rock or Bust but HTH could have been better. I think they'll sound great once they start touring though. Can't wait to find out what songs they play on this tour, since it was likely Mal's illness to blame for the stale setlist last tour. The last tour before BI in 2003 was full of interesting songs. Maybe we'll hear Moneytalks or Who Made Who...

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

DOC, thanks for uploading those files but the video is a no-show. it says the file is corrupt. the audio files are fine

question for you guys. chris (or his management) are still actively using the chris slade timeline facebook page. the 'official announcement' and now video of the grammys etc are being put on there. surely he'll stop using it soon. i mean, there were no announcements on the acdc fb page re new drummer, and chris is the only current band member to ever actively use facebook. surely he'll be told to stop using it? it just sort of feels like he is the odd one out posting all this exclusive behind the scenes sorta stuff.

acojeman
Member #25,767

Num Posts: 199

just seen it, bloody good to see them again, it's been too long, it just makes you want to see more. they look so happy to be back on a stage and chris looks so happy raising his hand. roll on the tour. i think phil's history, too much of a liability and they wouldn't do the dirty on chris again. yes highway was slow and they only did one verse before the solo, must be time restrictions. the speed will be up for the tour, can't wait now.

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Hawksboy: That's strange how the video didn't play on your end. It works fine on mine. Anyways, I'll try another video format and upload it soon.

As for my review of the show, AC/DC is probably the only reason why I watched the Grammys, as I pretty much don't give a shit about the Awards show in general. AC/DC can surely demonstrate what REAL music is, because they don't change a thing about their musical style, and unfortunately the crap that today's pop folks put out there is far less entertaining than the real music AC/DC creates. It's no wonder the music industry lost its soul long ago, as they continue looking for today's artists who have no balls and no talent.

As for AC/DC, it was also great to see Chris Slade back in the band. Although HTH was played a little slower and a verse was cut, it still was a great performance overall, I thought.

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

New video link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sNZNT235AIM2tQOHdPaE5JLTA/view

I tried to use different video formats, but they either were too large in file size or looked compressed and pixelated. So instead, I re-trimmed the video, split it into two chapters, and made a DVD folder. The quality looks just about the same as the original video I uploaded. If you use any DVD burning program to burn the folder onto a blank DVD disc, then the video should easily play on a computer or an all-regions DVD player. If you still have problems with the video, let me know and I'll try again. Enjoy! -- Doc

travishayes89
Member #8,722

https://mega.co.nz/#!NYRFXTqJ!R_8ACOmzOvV-8k4R8HFc0ugmKLVcBaaDoLxL3UW080Q

I found a 720p HD recording of the broadcast (seems to be an international broadcast, as the file was in 25p, and has a different network logo than CBS, who broadcasts in 1080i HD) that was great, except for a glitch around the time that Dave Grohl was on screen. I took the Doctor's file and spliced in that part, so it drops in quality a bit, but only for a couple seconds. I also used the audio from the Doctor's version as it was beefier and crisper sounding.

This file plays perfectly on my Sony BD player, and in VLC. I used Handbrake's 2-pass setting (with turbo first pass turned on) and average bit rate of 3500 kbps on H.264 high profile. It is about 175 MB, but the quality is a good trade off and is quite comparable to many of AC/DC's official VEVO channel's HD videos.

OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Num Posts: 65

It should be mentioned that Brian, i think, mixed up the first verse of HTH.

"Livin' easy, livin free...."

It's "lovin' free", or am i wrong?

Hm, i mean, it's HTH!

But he sure was nervous in front of this crowd.

You can see Paul McCartney groovin' around! That's cool! 0:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1tIK1jj2hE

And who's that guy on 2:24 ? He is obviously not amused :-)

Nah, the Grammys really sucks! AC kicks ass, but they still don't belong to those people.

And for example, a famous german newspaper ("Der Spiegel") did a review of the Grammys and there was not one word about AC/DC! Unbelievable!

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

thanks for that travis and doc again! worked this time. appreciated. it grows on me each time i see it how fake the audience is. that sheila right at the end who is 'rocking' to the tunes looks stupid. its just pathetic these people who are pretending to like music they obviously dont listen to. also, has angus got a new hat? it didnt fall off at all during the performance.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

I think Angus has just quit banging his head so hard. In the previous tour it was still on a few songs into the set, despite usually being gone by the end of the opener during the ones before.

musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

what the DOC is the magic man now turning ac3 into lossless flac lol .   i am only joking

TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Haha musicdreams! laugh

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.