Forum

Forum

albert lp's

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

question: the albert lp's - are the blue lp's distinctly blue? i have iywb but am having trouble telling the colour. i am guessing blue is distinclty blue and easy to tell its colour?, but the black (with stroked border - 1979-80 i think?) can be a little harder to tell - ie not truely black.

was iywb even released on the black stroked border anyway. i cant find it on discogs, but then again, not everything is on there. i am presuming it was.

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey Hawksboy.  Looking at a couple of mine, they are very dark blue, almost to the point of being violet!  I wouldn't say they are distinctly blue.  I've found discogs can be very handy in one way but I've discovered after searching other sites for releases by some bands that there is stuff out there that isn't on discogs!  I'm not just talking AC/DC.  I've gone looking for rare tracks on singles by a few bands and found releases on official band sites that isn't on discogs.

Meltdown MQ
Member #25,881

Num Posts: 34

I own a few that are blue and one that is black. I agree with FoundationShaker that they're almost violet. The black labels are not necessarily pure black. If you shine a light on it, it appears to have a bit of dark green mixed in. This is a little difficult to see but the color's there.

I'm fairly certain that IYWB, was issued on the black label. After all, Highway to Hell was issued on the black label, why not If You Want Blood?

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

thanks fellas.

ive got some other blue and black lps too but on this one the colour really confused me. from your info foundationshaker, im pretty confident it is blue, so thanks! almost violet but still simmilar to the black lp's in a way. under good light shows it up.

meltdown, the black lp's came into effect from '79-'80 i believe, and then the red with yellow border from BIB etc...

Meltdown MQ
Member #25,881

Num Posts: 34

Ah, ok. Makes sense. IYWB was recently released and didn't need to be re-pressed. I was confused there for a bit.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.