Forum

2nite's stlst [?]

Meanstreak666
Member #27,151

Num Posts: 32

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

The Jack, sacked? Man, if this is the setlist, I don't think anyone saw that change coming, even with Coachella Week 2.

Overall, I like the order, I think Shot Down In Flames being earlier in the set would be nice, but overall, it's a bit more like a late 70s/early 80s AC/DC show than a 2000s AC/DC show.

HighVoltage
Member #74

Num Posts: 164

well, according to setlist.fm (sorry, no link... somehow the browser/edit window doesn't want me to paste a link... and the insert hyperlink doesn't work properly either for me)..., The Jack, along with Dog eat Dog, Miss Adventure and Rockin' the Blues away is on the radar...!!!

What I find interesting that they have revamped the set since Coachella so much... TBH I always DID think they will try a few things out at Coachella, but then seeing the set from the 2nd date has only changed for 1 song I didn't expect that much change! Sadly, both The Jack and High Voltage are favs of mine, seem to be on the "change" list...

Anyway, my third guess from the new album (based on what they performed at the Grammy's, the videos from last year and then the third video from February), my personal fav, Rockin the Blues away is on the list as well!

On another note, at Coachella, there didn't seem to be a 'strip' song (The Jack was it on the BI tour, but not used as such at the first night)... also now in Holland, was there a strip song?!?

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Great that they dropped The Jack (even though I love it).

Kill off those sacred cows and find your soul again! Bring in the deep cuts! They're on the right track with non-single tracks from RoB and Sin City and Have a Drink on Me. 

Feel free to kill off Shoot to Thrill, Thunderstruck, and even Back in Black in favour of other deep cuts from the same albums:

The Razor's Edge (awesome song)

Given the Dog a Bone

etc etc

Take some more risks - try Riff Raff as an opening track again. A song that awesome should not be ignored.

And yes, rehearse It's a Long Way to the Top until the band - especially Brian - are killing it - and play it, somehow, somewhere in the setlist.

Also, if you're going to insist on the cannons, take a note from Iron Maiden and give the big, expected bang at the 3/4 point of the show (that's when Eddie comes out), and everything after that is gravy...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.