Forum

Forum

Video--FOTS Tour Rehearsals

Lyvewyred72
Member #27,176

Num Posts: 4

Its been a long time since I've checked the site out..and alot of posts to search through. Anyway I ran across a video on my HD I forgot I had from the Flick of the Switch Tour Rehearsals (it runs 1hr 55 min).I was just wondering if theres'  any info about it. Sorry for asking if its in another thread in the forums. Have a good one.

BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

They were filmed in October 1983 in Los Angeles, CA.  The full video surfaced with the release of 'Switched On', a great bootleg release from about 5 years ago, which was a double vinyl, double cd, and a double dvd set.

Prior to that, only a few songs had been released (Guns for Hire, Nervous Shakedown & Flick of the Switch) as official promo videos and some audio on various bootlegs.

CD: http://members.acdc-bootlegs.com/BigNate/tradelist/?action=View&bootleg=3757

DVD: http://members.acdc-bootlegs.com/BigNate/tradelist/?action=View&bootleg=3756

Lyvewyred72
Member #27,176

Num Posts: 4

Thanks for the info.I ran across the Switched On Audio release awhile back (info online)..missed the DVD part.Anyways I'll look into picking it up.I've been out of touch with AC/DC boots for a long while.Its time to get back in..sort what I do have..and pick up what I don't. Thanks Again & Have A Good One.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Man, it would be great if they played Nervous Shakedown live. A truly underappreciated cut. 

If you think about it, this album really, truly sounds great. I think Malcolm and Angus were going for the purest, clearest, loudest sound possible - and they achieved it. 

Too bad there's not much in the songs for people to relate to, but that's what happened lyrically post-Bon. All arena bombast, very little soul. 

I guess after this the record company wanted them to go "more commercial" and that's how we ended up with the over-reverbed sound of the highly underrated Fly on the Wall album...

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.