Forum

Forum

Set List

spawn777
Member #20,625

Num Posts: 55

Anyone got a set list for the current tour and have they changed any songs from gig to gig

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

It's been mostly the same songs as Coachella Wk 2, and the same set as opening night.

Honestly, the non changing set-list doesn't bother me on this tour, as they actually have managed to add one more song, and the set list order kinda feels more like a cross between an early 80s show and Live At Donington.

Here's opening night: http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=2095

zoin
Member #13,328

Num Posts: 86

I wished they had perhaps 18 non changing songs and 2 changing songs from concert to concert, so that the concerts are not EXACTLY the same. I saw 2 concerts and the only difference was the colour of the schooluniform...

Besides this they should drop "Play ball". I like the song, but live it sounds really bad. I think they changed the tune down one or two steps that Brian could sing it (or at least could try it). All other songs sound miles better.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Agreed Zoin. They could also drop RnR Train in favour of something which could be more of a tribute to Malcolm, like RnR Dream.

There are so many great songs from their whole career that they could rotate in and out if only they had the motivation and the appreciation for the fanbase.

It seems like 98% of the setlist since 1980 has been designed to play to the cheap seats....

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ I agree also with Zoin + RNR, drop "Play Ball" and add a few rotating tracks to give the same setlist a boost from being the same old same old. I for sure was expecting some different tracks to be played this time around for this tour since setlist is similiar to BI tour with exception of a few new ones along with some of the same songs being alternated and last four the same. With Malcolm gone this may have had something to do with it, who knows. What we have is what we have, I guess we cannot complain too much, great to see one of the top bands around still going strong for their age.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"Great old bands" - yes

"Still going strong" - debateable

Their rthythm section has been eviscerated, they're rushing through songs (Hello, High Voltage), communication is minimal, really, it looks like Angus got some pretty obvious plastic surgery (you don't have to pretend you're 20 anymore, Gus - everyone knows you're not) they're just barely getting by.

The set is much better than on the previous tour and Brian still sounds great with everything toned down, but the setlist has already gone stagnant. 

Great to hear Sin City, Have a Drink, and High Voltage (as rushed as they are), but there's plenty of room for creativity and spontaneity.

You band has been decimated, Angus! Believe it or not, this is an opportunity! You can bring back the elements of surprise and danger which the original fans of the 70s loved you for! 

Experiment, go wild! You have 200+ songs to choose from - have some fun for a change! Don't just go through the motions!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.