2015-08-26 - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

viper
Member #1,472

Num Posts: 176

AC/DC
MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ
2nd night of the North American leg of the "Rock or Bust Tour"
Recorded by viper from the left pit, two people away from the stage barrier, in front of the PA stack (between the Arc and video screen)
Source: Nokia Lumia Icon w/built-in HAAC mics > Audio Recorder Pro app > 16bit/48 KHz PCM/WAV
Encoding: Trader's Little Helper > FLAC (Level 8)
Length: 114mins

Track List:

01 Intro/Rock or Bust/Shoot To Thrill
02 Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be/Back In Black
03 Play Ball/Dirty Deeds
04 Thunderstruck
05 High Voltage
06 Rock ’n’ Roll Train
07 Hells Bells
08 Baptism by Fire
09 You Shook Me All Night Long
10 Sin City
11 Shot Down in Flames
12 Have a Drink on Me
13 T.N.T.
14 Whole Lotta Rosie
15 Let There Be Rock

Encore:

16 Highway to Hell/For Those About to Rock

Notes:

Was at the very front of the stage for this one (my approximate location is by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d_IUyw7tag ).  What an absolute party at MetLife Stadium for (probably) AC/DC's last ever visit to The Garden State.  Met people from several European and South American countries that were here just for this show.  Probably the last show ever in this area by the greatest rock n roll band that's ever been but here's hoping I'm wrong. \m/  

All 20 songs are there but I didn't split tracks 1, 2, 3 and 16.  Will welcome tracks being split as well as any remastering an audio wiz can manage to make this one sound better (although I do like very much how it came out).  Every other track split by me, on the fly, at the show.  Also, no apologies, whatsoever, for my 'singing'. ;)

Brian mentions New Jersey (or Jersey) at the end of Rock or Bust, middle of Shoot To Thrill, middle of High Voltage.
Brian says 'Jersey Thighs' during You Shook Me All Night Long.  
Brian says 'We salute you New Jersey, we salute the United States of America' at end of For Those About To Rock.   

https://mega.nz/#!AskQQIZZ!Y7uZd1dlgzGOB1aZbbXLliISViARQEyh5mqlncij1z8

BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Thanks Viper!

viper
Member #1,472

You're very welcome Big Nate!

HighVoltage
Member #74

Num Posts: 164

thanks for taping and sharing!!!

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Nice work. I'll be at one of the Canadian shows in a few days. 

It's so easy to make high quality bootlegs these days what with everyone carrying computers in their pockets.

I really wish they'd swap out Runaway Train for Rock n Roll Dream as a tribute to Malcolm. They could put some pics/past vids up on the big screen while they play the song - it would probably bring everyone to tears and would be a real way to connect with the fans who have loved them for so long.

viper
Member #1,472

I just wish they had a bit of a song rotation.  I could have done without the spot in the set-list taken up by 'Baptism by Fire' for some other classics that they could have rotated from show to show.  Dedicating a song to Malcolm is a great idea and they could also do that for Bon (Ride On?).  That said, I'll gladly take what I can get. ;)  Enjoy your show RnRDamnation.  They're really doing Canada well this time around.

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Yeah, there was hope when they did some song-swapping at the start of the tour. I love The Jack, but way to kill that sacred cow, man!

I wish they'd kill of their sacred cows. They've got enough awesome songs from their whole back catalog that they could easily come up with another 2 or 3 "canon" setlists beyond the same one they've been playing since 1980.

Maybe if Malcolm hadn't began to suffer from memory loss, that's where we would be now. They made some terrific strides towards re-discovering risk and excitement between 1996 and 2003. 

I have listened to a couple of the new shows and the introduction of instability through Stevie/Chris does give some of the same old songs a kick in the pants, but man, it's still pretty boring...

RnRDamnation
Member #254

You know what, I was wrong.

AC/DC are riding the edge again and last night they were fantastic, way better than when I saw them in 2009 and, yeah, the 1996 show was pretty great, but it didn't have the ferocious energy that this one had.

Also, Brian Johnson has finally lived up to the promise made 35 years ago when the band hired him on as singer/frontman. He was digging deep and really feeling/playing with the lyrics and the difference it made on the songs was huge.

viper
Member #1,472

The full video of this show is up on Youtube now 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsD0JreFh9w

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.