Forum

Forum

Chicago Tribune reports that the Wrigley Field show is our DVD for the tour

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ac-dc-wrigley-field-show-20150914-story.html

"Pyrotechnics will be used for three songs during the sold-out concert, and helicopters will capture aerial shots of the band's performance to create a DVD of the show, said Bennett Lawson, chief of staff for Wrigleyville Ald. Tom Tunney (44th)."

Seems like, from what I've read and seen of the recent shows, that this is a good choice for them. Most of the complaints about the performance on the Live At River Plate DVD is that it was later in the tour and Brian seemed a bit more worn out. There's also the complaints about the post-production work, but those are to be expected.

Overall, though, I'm somewhat optimistic that this DVD will blow River Plate out of the water.

Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

boo. film it in aus!

RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

The audience for River Plate was awesome. If North Americans could let themselves experience pure joy and elation the way South Americans do, we would all be a lot better off.

The setlist was - well, you know how I feel about the McSetlist. And the performance was - well, we know why the songs were slower and lacked a bit of fire. This was Mal's last hurrah and he had a hard time being present at all.

We miss you, Mal.

If the Chicago show was anything like the Ottawa show - pure fire and balls - then the DVD will be awesome.

Also, why don't they film an Australian homecoming show, and throw in a few bonuses in the encore like:

If You Want Blood

Ride On

It's a Long Way to the Top

The audience would go really fucking nuts and with Brian sounding the best he ever has and really going for the feel of the songs rather than just shouting at the top of his lungs, Angus finding the fire, the tension, and the excitement again (if you haven't yet, wait until you feel Sin City live on this tour), and Steve and Chris giving the band a much-needed (however unexpected and tragic) edge, the DVD of those shows would be a great way to go out on a bang AND pay thanks and tribute to their origins.

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Yeah, even though I think it's great us Americans are finally getting a show recorded, I think Australia would have been a great choice as well.

Perhaps Angus (and Brian) feels that the band is kinda peaking right now and that capturing a performance earlier this tour would be best.

Also, there's a chance that, if people know the show is being filmed, the audience will put on a show as well.

Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

Confirmed by "The Chris Slade Timeline" on Facebook!

There's nothing stopping them from filming several shows though, remember the Paris show on the Black Ice tour? You never know what might finally be released!

thunderstruc0
Member #280

Num Posts: 54

I was there last night. While the crowd was great for most of the show...there was some songs where everyone just stood around like goons. It was disappointing.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

So much for the crowd putting on a show, but then again, maybe there'll be more focus on the band in the DVD this time around.

acdc93ty
Member #19,616

Num Posts: 10

River Plate was too focused on the audience.  I'm not buying a live concert to see people jump around in the audience, I want to see the band.  I hope David Mallett wasn't directing it this time, but he probably was.  They could use somebody else to give a fresh perspective .

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.