Forum

Forum

You Shook Me - Detroit MI, 18/11/83?

Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

Just curious about this performance included in Backtracks (Track 12, Disc 2). Aside from the obvious pitch-shifted vocal overdub (which sounds terrible - but I'm pretty sure the entire recording is offpitch a little bit too), there's no record of this song even being performed at any of the Detroit shows during the Flick tour (http://acdc-bootlegs.com/concerthistory/?gig=991).

What's the deal with this? Is it from another show? Was it not actually performed live in front of an audience?

I've been wondering this for years now and thought I may as well ask :)

travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Some have alleged that it's actually the studio track edited.

adminane
Member #22,618

Num Posts: 18

If you listen to the version from the 1986 single (b-side), right at the end, you could hear For Those About To Rock start.
Checking the concert history, most of the 81-82 tour they played the songs in that order. So perhaps its from Landover 1981..

Kind regards
Anders

Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

I think you're on the right track as they didn't play the intro live in the early 80s. What has thrown me off though is the fact that every single version I have from 1980-1983 (which to be fair, is only 7 recordings or so) has a distinctive pick scrape after the drum counts in before the first G chord of the song. This recording doesn't have this despite Angus seemingly playing it at every show...

Some parts sound like they may be dubbed from the studio track but overall it sounds like a new recording.

I'm thinking it's either from an uncirculated show or recorded just for the release... I'll keep researching!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.