Forum

Forum

26 February 2016 Houston Toyota Center

MadMarlin
Member #24,074

Num Posts: 10

I tried to get tickets to the Houston show but apparently it sold out within 1 minute. I hate scalpers.

Does anyone have 1-2 extra tickets on floor, rows 1-10 in A or C for

26 February 2016 Houston Toyota Center

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Hey Marlin.  I'm not sure if it will work the same over there but I went to both shows here in Melbourne and got my tickets for both on ebay at great prices.  I got tickets for the first less than 3 weeks before the show for about $15 less than face value and only got a ticket for the 2nd show on the day of the show at 4pm for almost half price (very VERY lucky in that case!)  In both cases i got a ticket for the front section.  I've also done two other concerts here in the last couple of years the same way.  Just check it's a reputable seller.  Not sure if that is helpful.  Email me if you're not on ebay and want to know more.

Cheers and rock on!!!

MadMarlin
Member #24,074

Num Posts: 10

Hey Shaker, thanks for the tips. Any information is most helpful when it comes to getting tickets. I'll probably have to do just that and buy them right before show. I counted up the tickets that the main touts/scalpers websites have and it was over 8,000 tickets and that doesn't count all the tickets held back by the venue. It is almost not worth it even trying to go to concerts any more.

Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year down under.

Chris

FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

Well, quite the opposite.  It's still WELL worth going, it just may mean being creative with buying your tickets.  A lot of the tickets you can get on ebay are people who have someone that can't make it and they just want to get rid of the ticket.  It's not just the scalpers that re-sell the tickets.  The guy I got my 2nd show last minute ticket off runs a limo business that works for bands and he had 8 free tickets.  At the last minute a few people that were going to go let him down.  He was selling $160 tickets for $90!  (Yes, they were free to him but a front section ticket was worth $160!)  I've seen Black Sabbath and Muse here in the last couple of years getting tickets off a reputable ebay seller on the day of the shows or day before for below face value prices.  Just make sure YOU win, not the scalpers!!

And finally, it doesn't seem to be getting discussed much on this forum but the boys are awesome!!!  I had SO much fun and their energy level surprised me!  Even though I love Rock Or Bust I was a bit sceptical about the concerts but they blew me away.  I thought I was going to be happy with one show but after the first one I was watching ebay VERY keenly for the next two days and probably would have paid full price for the 2nd show if I hadn't got lucky!!  (It wasn't a sellout).   Make sure you see the show and get up near the front, off to one side a bit.  It's GREAT!!

Oh, and also, I'm a massive ZZ Top fan and really hope to see Houston and Dallas someday soon!!  Cheers, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you too!!

charlie68
Member #23,896

Num Posts: 22

http://www2.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?t=FEB706A08D308F5DA885693&og=-1

charlie68
Member #23,896

Num Posts: 22

Tickets are here still

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.