Forum

Forum

2016-06-04 - ACDC + Axl Rose - Olympic Stadium, London [FLAC]

thedarkness
Member #27,548

Num Posts: 5

Hi everybody,

That's my first post here, and my first recording.

INFO
AC/DC + Axl Rose
June 04th, 2016
Rock Or Bust Wolrd Tour
Olympic Stadium, London, UK.

SOURCE: Tascam DR-05 PCM Recorder @WAV 24 bit 48Hkz. Tascam had peak reduction enabled.

TRANSFER: WAV 24 Bit> Audacity (equalization, normalize, fade in/out) > WAV 16 Bit

TRACKLIST
00. Intro
01. Rock or Bust
02. Shoot to Thrill (first 2 mins missing, contains crowd chorus)
03. Hell ain't a bad place to be (not perfect recording)
04. Back in Black
05. Got some Rock & Roll Thunder (MISSING, awful performance by the way)
06. Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap
07. Rock 'N Roll Damnation
08. Thunderstruck (removed a little part at beginning)
09. High Voltage (first minute is missing, my mistake)
10. Rock 'N' Roll Train
11. Hells Bells
12. Given the dog a bone
13. If you want blood you've got it
14. Sin City
15. You Shook me all night long
16. Shot down in flames
17. Have a drink on Me
18. T.N.T.
19. Whole lotta Rosie
20. Let there Be Rock

Encore
21. Highway to Hell
22. Riff Raff
23. For those about to Rock (We Salute You)

I recorded almost full concert in WAW 24 bit 48khz with a Tascam DR-05. I was in the front side of the pitch, with the middle stage section on my left.
I am not a pro, but I have done some basic adjustments in Audacity to remove booms, decrease spikes, get more Axl voice (this has been very hard lol) and generally get enjoyable tracks. Some songs, like "High Voltage", have lower volume: I needed to "normalise" them to decrease spikes.
There are some little changes in Thunderstruck and Rock N Roll Train: I had to remove a couple of choruses from fans, due to their "uncorrect pitch".
Exported in WAV 16 bit 48khz. I also added tags to songs, the cover is made from a photo I shot during For Those About to Rock.

LINK

viper
Member #1,472

Num Posts: 176

Thank you very much for this version thedarkness.  This is a different one than the one shared on Guitars 101 and Dime.  Thanks again!

thedarkness
Member #27,548

Viper, I wasn't aware of any other versions of this concert (I am not on those forums yet)

I can guarrantee that this recording and editing is made entirely by myself.

Very happy you appreciate it! :)

EDIT: Just heard one from guitars101, it's rubbish, how can you listen to this terrible sound?... (there are two bootlegs there, same upload but different links)

He also uploaded the file on hosts that pay for downloads and are slow for free users, I am againts this, that's why I put mine on Mega.

viper
Member #1,472

thedarkness,

The version shared on guitars101 was the only lossless one avaialble until you shared yours.  I do agree, yours has much better sound.  I try to snag all the versions available.  Thank you very much for your efforts!  

Also: please check out the AC/DC show I recorded last August here in NJ:

https://mega.nz/#!AskQQIZZ!Y7uZd1dlgzGOB1aZbbXLliISViARQEyh5mqlncij1z8

I'll be at the Madison Square Garden show in September

thedarkness
Member #27,548

viper,

I just realised that i wrote FLAC in the title, but files are in .WAW. (though is still lossless laugh)

Thanks for your recording!!! Damn, I miss Brian so much.

Seriouly you have used a Nokia Lumia to record it? Great quality from a phone. Your recordings have a great potential. I quickly imported some tracks in audacity, normalised them and applied the same EQ i used for my recordings: great tracks!

I saw them in July, the 4th at London, the 9th at Imola, in Italy. Unfortunately I had brought my phone with me and I don't have decent recordings. They were great gigs with wonderful crowd (as always, in front left or right side of pitch devil)

acdcjavier
Member #25,624

Num Posts: 59

Thanks very much @thedarkness for your recording, it sound very powerfull! :)

Might you upload your italy show if you still have that? I dont care if it is a poor sound or not

thedarkness
Member #27,548

acdcjavier, I recorded some random pieces of that gig, and just two full songs:

- You Shook Me All night long is here

- Rock 'N' Roll Train is here here

That's my Youtube channel, and here you can find my audio of Rock or Bust synced with a 4k video recording of a friend.

Wow, I just discovered that somebody on guitars101 posted my bootleg there, quoting myself, and they appreciated the sound quality!!!

viper
Member #1,472

Hello thedarkness,

Yes, it's really great quality for a phone.  The best part is that you don't have to sneak any other "equipment" in as security let all phones in.  The built in mics take up to 140db and there are no levels to set because of that.  

thedarkness
Member #27,548

For this gig at London I have hidden the Tascam recorder in a big sandwitch cool

voa
Member #27,555

Num Posts: 1

Thanks for the show!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.